6 + 2 Point Deductions

The key information we are missing in order to see whether we have breached the rules a second time is the '23 accounts.

Using the '22 accounts I've tried to estimate the losses for this year. I estimate that turnover is £20m higher due to broadcasting income. I think player sales is £14m less. Other costs roughly the same. Interest costs roughly £2m more. That would mean roughly a loss of £40m compared to '22 when losses were £44m.

However remember the losses for '22 were reported as £13.5m after allowing for academy, women's league and community costs, roughly £30m.

Thus surely the figures for the 3 years to 2023 should be £53m + £13.5 + £10m which totals £76.5m and is below the threshold of £105m!

Now I realise I don't have access to the accounts and have had to make certain assumptions, but I would welcome your feedback.

If we had waited we could have got more money for Richie who we valued at 80m and would have meant we didn’t breach. They dismissed it immediately.
Not a chance we were getting £80m and especially not from Spurs. They would have walked away and we’d have been even worse off.

Not a chance we were getting £80m and especially not from Spurs. They would have walked away and we’d have been even worse off.
I mean you say that but at the time he was Brazils number 9 and looking like he was about to truly take off. I'm pretty sure he scored some great goals just after we sold him for the national team as well.

You know what, the simple answer to all of this, is that we had been run properly, with an owner who wasn`t a well meaning idiot and an ex chairman / board, that weren`t a bunch of self serving parasites, this thread wouldn`t exist and we`d all be much happier and saner ( apart from @matty1878 )
You lost me at "well meaning".

But certainly, everything you wrote is true.

The second deduction is starting to ramp up . Could end quite bad this, the club need to fight a lot harder
I’d say the opposite most pundits seem to have forgot it and are saying how we ware in a good position now. Not a chance we are getting 6 points when they’ve already punished for most of it. I’m more confident on this than the first charge.

Personally in the context of all the charges, i think its the worst mate, it was intentful, avoidable and they also gained a sporting advantage - BJ played 3 ganes fir them, one where they got a win against a relegation rival, also you throw in variance - if he got injured, turned down the move - they were contractually obliged to fulfil the financial commitment, i thin their charge is more significant then anything we faced - unless we get done for the cumulative charges.
Yeah I agree, there’s a whole other debate about whether clubs should have to sell their best academy players to satisfy these targets, but within the context of the rules it’s a poor defence. For starters they sold him almost two months into the FY.

I think they clearly had a strategy of “ let’s go over then sort it with sales in June” which is legit but you have to do the second part. It’s no defence that you decided not to. In fact, like I say, it’s such a bad mitigation it might even go against them as an aggravation as it proves they could’ve avoided breaching and just didn’t want to.

We got 60m because we were desperate so accepted less than he was worth. If we hadn’t been desperate you don’t think we get more than that?

They got a discounted price. So you could suggest that if we werent limited by a deadline, you’d get a minimum of 10m more up front and then additional add ons.

I’d say the opposite most pundits seem to have forgot it and are saying how we ware in a good position now. Not a chance we are getting 6 points when they’ve already punished for most of it. I’m more confident on this than the first charge.
I’m expecting that we will get a walkover and no points deducted. We have had more than enough taken off us as it stands.

We got 60m because we were desperate so accepted less than he was worth. If we hadn’t been desperate you don’t think we get more than that?

They got a discounted price. So you could suggest that if we werent limited by a deadline, you’d get a minimum of 10m more up front and then additional add ons.

Also we sent our chief negotiator the guy who got £10m upfront for Rooney ,so we had absolutely no chance of getting the £80m we needed