6 + 2 Point Deductions

Only because you refuse to cooperate. Tbh i hope you continue to do that. You've quite clearly cooked the books but so what. You were never ever going to get where you are today without spending beyond what your club generates. If the club has the owners have the funds then balls to the like of platini arsene wenger and bayern who didnt want any newcomers blowing them out if the water.
The whole system is about preservation
Everton tried to better themselves. Made as pigs ear of it as you could have with recruitment. I dont agree should should get penalised for that. Anyone who sticks two fingers up to this grubby premier league isnt going to get criticised by me.
Testify brother - my thoughts exactly.

Only just come across this from our resident finance fan. It follows pretty logically to me that we're going to get stung again - the question is the severity. Seven points in total is a great outcome. Nine is difficult. Twelve... we best not lose anyone to injury from now until the end of the season.

With this fella’s verbal ability to change “I was wrong” to “actually I was right” maybe he should be our legal representation for the next one.

If they're discussing double jeopardy then surely there should be no points deduction for the second charge.

To be charged twice in one season because the first charge is effectively delayed by a season is extremely harsh.
The Man City legal bod on talksport earlier said there is no Double Jeopardy in the Premier lge rules.
But then worded it they can't use them anyway as they have already been used to punish us.

He also said we would get as low as 1 point upto 3 points deducted ( hinting at 2 ).
Same 1-3 for Forest but then said the Brennan Johnson mitigation would be kicked out and that would be added.

It's all very complicated.

The Man City legal bod on talksport earlier said there is no Double Jeopardy in the Premier lge rules.
But then worded it they can't use them anyway as they have already been used to punish us.

He also said we would get as low as 1 point upto 3 points deducted ( hinting at 2 ).
Same 1-3 for Forest but then said the Brennan Johnson mitigation would be kicked out and that would be added.

He also said we wouldn’t get any points back & said how well the original commission performed.

Obviously knows his stuff but he knows as much as the rest of us when it comes to Everton which is [Poor language removed] all

Let’s be honest, they’ve completely bastardised FFP/PSR so that it’s gonna screw any club that isn’t in the scab 6 over.

They aren’t even designed to keep clubs solvent - there’s still clubs going into administration, if the PSR worked that wouldn’t happen,

There is no way the rules were intended to hammer teams who are building infrastructure and new stadiums as we have been, it’s a piss take.

It needs to go if the competition is ever going to have an ounce of competition. Otherwise it’ll just get worse year on year. One team may over perform but will soon be back “where they belong”

United have been in and out the CL the last few years and have still spent big in that time

Chelsea continue to spend big even though they have also been out the competition.

RS spent over 100m in the summer despite failing to get in the CL this year.

So I don’t want to hear the word integrity come out of their mouth.

This the same fella that claims City are innocent of everything?

They may well be but no way he can have seen all the evidence or know what they are and arnt guilty of

Oh, never mind. I thought you had some numbers that confirmed our breach was worse than last year’s and we were trending in the wrong direction again as that’s what you suggested, however I can see now that’s clearly not the case and you’re just guessing. As you were lads.
What he is saying which is very simple to grasp is that X must be more than £40m otherwise we would not be in breach for a second time. If it was less than £40m then we wouldn't have breached PSR for a second time.

He also said we wouldn’t get any points back & said how well the original commission performed.

Obviously knows his stuff but he knows as much as the rest of us when it comes to Everton which is [Poor language removed] all
He done some swift backtracking today , heard him a few times before & was adamant the 10 would stick.

As I said it's all very complicated.

I think it probably is foregone, to be honest. I hope I'm wrong.

The fact that the appeal only got 4 points back on the grounds of proportionality/severity of the punishment being too harsh with an appeal to EFL guidelines indicates to me that we've lost the argument on whether the stadium interest costs are allowable. This is an argument we thought we were correct on when we drew up the budget for the playing squad in terms of wages and costs - so it stands to reason that we're probably going to breach again (because we thought we had about £20m worth of breathing room that we actually don't have). The appeal document even makes reference to this - that we committed an honest mistake, not that we deliberately misled the PL.

In my mind, the only way that doesn't happen is if the club was incredibly financially prudent and chose to cut down costs even further. Can't see that happening if the Premier League have charged us again based on our initial presentation of the accounts.

It's not all doom and gloom - getting 4 points back is a huge lift on the squad in terms of pressure - we probably don't play so unbelievably nervously against Palace under the lights if we're much more clear of the relegation zone. But we need to make that period count, and we need Forest to get the book thrown at them/Luton to continue shipping goals.
I completely agree that we've already lost the argument on stadium interest costs being allowable. But as I said up-thread, I do think there's still room to argue that spending on said costs does not confer a sporting advantage in any way, which is much more applicable to the second charge than it was the first (where Moshiri admitted that part of the breach came from needing midfielders, ha). Which is why I don't think it's fair for another points deduction to be treated as a foregone conclusion. The case is a little different this time.

We're found guilty the minute we submit accounts that don't comply with the regulations and thats what we've done we need to stop thinking we're innocent in this because we're not we can argue that the regulations shouldn't exist or that the punishments are too much but not really that we're not guilty.
I do think there's a difference, though, between being guilty in actuality and being found guilty by a legal proceeding. I'm not saying we are innocent in fact. I don't think anyone's arguing that. You can watch someone commit a crime with your own eyes and know beyond doubt that he's guilty, but you still have to go through the process of proving it to other people. And in civil society, until you do that, you really shouldn't be publicly planning out his punishment.

I'm not saying all this PSR stuff is truly akin to criminal proceedings, but you get my point. It is still a legal-style process that has to play out.