6 + 2 Point Deductions

I really don't like the implication in that statement, though, that a deduction of any kind is a foregone conclusion. Hardly seems like a fair and impartial process we've got going here, where the focus is already on what the punishment will be before the defendant has even been tried, much less found guilty.

Granted, that could just be the media angle of a pro-Red journalist, but still. We as a club have to be geared up more for the fight this go-around to deal with nonsense like this.

I think it probably is foregone, to be honest. I hope I'm wrong.

The fact that the appeal only got 4 points back on the grounds of proportionality/severity of the punishment being too harsh with an appeal to EFL guidelines indicates to me that we've lost the argument on whether the stadium interest costs are allowable. This is an argument we thought we were correct on when we drew up the budget for the playing squad in terms of wages and costs - so it stands to reason that we're probably going to breach again (because we thought we had about £20m worth of breathing room that we actually don't have). The appeal document even makes reference to this - that we committed an honest mistake, not that we deliberately misled the PL.

In my mind, the only way that doesn't happen is if the club was incredibly financially prudent and chose to cut down costs even further. Can't see that happening if the Premier League have charged us again based on our initial presentation of the accounts.

It's not all doom and gloom - getting 4 points back is a huge lift on the squad in terms of pressure - we probably don't play so unbelievably nervously against Palace under the lights if we're much more clear of the relegation zone. But we need to make that period count, and we need Forest to get the book thrown at them/Luton to continue shipping goals.

I really don't like the implication in that statement, though, that a deduction of any kind is a foregone conclusion. Hardly seems like a fair and impartial process we've got going here, where the focus is already on what the punishment will be before the defendant has even been tried, much less found guilty.

Granted, that could just be the media angle of a pro-Red journalist, but still. We as a club have to be geared up more for the fight this go-around to deal with nonsense like this.
We're found guilty the minute we submit accounts that don't comply with the regulations and thats what we've done we need to stop thinking we're innocent in this because we're not we can argue that the regulations shouldn't exist or that the punishments are too much but not really that we're not guilty.

If they're discussing double jeopardy then surely there should be no points deduction for the second charge.

To be charged twice in one season because the first charge is effectively delayed by a season is extremely harsh.

Agree. We are a victim of a sudden rule change meaning we are being punished multiple times in one go. Not sure whats fair about that.

I think it probably is foregone, to be honest. I hope I'm wrong.

The fact that the appeal only got 4 points back on the grounds of proportionality/severity of the punishment being too harsh with an appeal to EFL guidelines indicates to me that we've lost the argument on whether the stadium interest costs are allowable. This is an argument we thought we were correct on when we drew up the budget for the playing squad in terms of wages and costs - so it stands to reason that we're probably going to breach again (because we thought we had about £20m worth of breathing room that we actually don't have). The appeal document even makes reference to this - that we committed an honest mistake, not that we deliberately misled the PL.

In my mind, the only way that doesn't happen is if the club was incredibly financially prudent and chose to cut down costs even further. Can't see that happening if the Premier League have charged us again based on our initial presentation of the accounts.

It's not all doom and gloom - getting 4 points back is a huge lift on the squad in terms of pressure - we probably don't play so unbelievably nervously against Palace under the lights if we're much more clear of the relegation zone. But we need to make that period count, and we need Forest to get the book thrown at them/Luton to continue shipping goals.

Only just come across this from our resident finance fan. It follows pretty logically to me that we're going to get stung again - the question is the severity. Seven points in total is a great outcome. Nine is difficult. Twelve... we best not lose anyone to injury from now until the end of the season.

Let’s be honest, they’ve completely bastardised FFP/PSR so that it’s gonna screw any club that isn’t in the scab 6 over.

They aren’t even designed to keep clubs solvent - there’s still clubs going into administration, if the PSR worked that wouldn’t happen,

There is no way the rules were intended to hammer teams who are building infrastructure and new stadiums as we have been, it’s a piss take.

I must have missed the bit when City were found guilty. The amount of boiled piss when we get found innocent will be enough to drown merseyside.

Only because you refuse to cooperate. Tbh i hope you continue to do that. You've quite clearly cooked the books but so what. You were never ever going to get where you are today without spending beyond what your club generates. If the club have owners and the funds then balls to the like of platini arsene wenger and bayern who didnt want any newcomers blowing them out of the water.
The whole system is about preservation
Everton tried to better themselves. Made as pigs ear of it as you could have with recruitment. I dont agree you should get penalised for that. Anyone who sticks two fingers up to this grubby premier league isnt going to get criticised by me.