6 + 2 Point Deductions

Here’s the Burnley take:

So, in brief:

Season 1: Spend more than the rules allow to stay up at the expense of Club X, who are playing by the rules.
Season 2: again spend more than the rules allow, this time to purchase players from the club X (such as Dwight McNeil), at reduced rate as their players wish to stay in the tope tier.
Season 3: Upon club X's return to the division, utilise your squad (bolstered by years of financial rule breaking) to beat them home and away, gaining the six points required to negate the punishment from all previous rule breaking.

I give you the English Premier League - Where cheats prosper.

These takes always miss out the key part: Everton are third lowest net spend in the PL the last 5 years. They always make out like we have been spending like Chelsea, when we have been sell to buy for years.

I don't think the amount over will make any difference it looks like a 6 point penalty for a breach. Obviously if you were £100 million over it would probably be more, but I think it's prudent to assume 6 more for us, and 6 for Forest. Personally I think it should be 2 for us at most.

I've just read that the assessment period for charge 2 covers 3/4 of the same period as charge one, rather than just 2/3. So I think the argument for double jeopardy is even greater than I had actually realised.
2 years were combined for COVID. 1/3rd would be 2 points and 1/4 would be 1.5 rounded up to 2 so no different really

Knowing the Prem now a little better, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was 6 for us, and 6 down to 2 for Forest after a fast-tracked appeal. They really want us down.

Im hoping for less, like most Blues and LOTS for Forest. Just not expecting good news.

I am hoping the next charges will be dropped on the basis that a significant period of the charge has already been dealt with and cannot be again. The remainder will hopefully fall within the threshold. Forest on the other hand are pretty much doomed at this point as their deduction will be much greater than ours. Feel sorry for Forest and any team that falls into the elitism trap of the PL where only a few are allowed to succeed but still, rather them than us sorry Forest.

I am hoping the next charges will be dropped on the basis that a significant period of the charge has already been dealt with and cannot be again. The remainder will hopefully fall within the threshold. Forest on the other hand are pretty much doomed at this point as their deduction will be much greater than ours. Feel sorry for Forest and any team that falls into the elitism trap of the PL where only a few are allowed to succeed but still, rather them than us sorry Forest.

I don’t think Forest will get much more than ours if any at all. The Commission said in our appeal basically it’s wrong to get more deduction for if you go into administration, which sounds to me like the maximum Forest get deducted will be 8, but it will be more likely 6. I expect us to receive 6 too.

I think unfortunately our fate is bound up with Forest's to a degree.

The league will want to avoid anything that looks like we're getting off lighter than them.

I think our working assumption, as a football club, must be that we'll get what they get.

If it's better than that, then great. But I think we need a degree of certainty, and 'stay ahead of Forest or 6 points above Luton' is the closest we can get to that.

Knowing the Prem now a little better, 6 for us, and 6 down to 2 for Forest after a fast-tracked appeal. They really want us down.

We shouldn’t be accepting both charges in the same season. They’re for different accounting periods so if they wish to charge us without a double jeopardy rule then we shouldn’t have to take the points deductions in the same season whilst Forest would potentially get any repeat offence spread over 2 seasons.

As you said though the PL want us down so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the 2nd deduction is the exact number of points needed at the time to send us down.

Yeah, they can wait until the final table and play God.

We need to get 8+ points clear of 3rd bottom*.

*if thats forest, and includes their deduction - then we need to add more points in case they get some back. Its like a never ending circle of chinese water torture.

We shouldn’t be accepting both charges in the same season. They’re for different accounting periods so if they wish to charge us without a double jeopardy rule then we shouldn’t have to take the points deductions in the same season whilst Forest would potentially get any repeat offence spread over 2 seasons.

As you said though the PL want us down so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the 2nd deduction is the exact number of points needed at the time to send us down.
The issue with that is we then start next season on minus 6. I'd rather take our chances this season given our existing points gained and Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd in the division.