6 + 2 Point Deductions

Here’s the Burnley take:

So, in brief:

Season 1: Spend more than the rules allow to stay up at the expense of Club X, who are playing by the rules.
Season 2: again spend more than the rules allow, this time to purchase players from the club X (such as Dwight McNeil), at reduced rate as their players wish to stay in the tope tier.
Season 3: Upon club X's return to the division, utilise your squad (bolstered by years of financial rule breaking) to beat them home and away, gaining the six points required to negate the punishment from all previous rule breaking.

I give you the English Premier League - Where cheats prosper.

I was at Burnley vs Arsenal the other week (don’t ask) and genuinely heard a few of their fans say “we’ve come up too soon, we weren’t planning this promotion so quickly”

Errrrr lads, youse out spent everyone in the championship.

They’re not bright.

Has anyone checked on @ForeverEverton by the way? He was absolutely adamant we were getting nothing back.
He's probably hiding out with @davek

There'll be no reduction of this on appeal.

This is 10 points and it'll send us through the trap door.
How anyone believes that lot are going to relent on this even partially is beyond my comprehension. Do they think rational arguments will persuade them? They didn't last summer, so no chance.

Cant see us getting 12 and Forest 6, in the SAME season.

The club seems relatively ok/quiet with this “ok” at best outcome. I wonder if thats because we have done a “deal” with them for a “satisfactory” second punishment? Say a suspended 3 points, or suspended 1 or 2 window embargo?

Suspended punishments are usually given to people of previous good character as a warning to keep in line. I can’t see how you can go from a 6 point deduction for a first offence to a suspended deduction for a second.

From my understanding, the report argues that being candid and admitting a breach is not considered to be valid mitigation. Clubs are expected to be candid in this regard! Whereas failing to be candid, or deliberately being misleading in order to bypass the rules would be considered an aggravating factor.

I feel this is relevant to the Forest case. I’ve just read that Forest will be provided leniency due to admitting the breach, but I don’t think that is accurate!

On the contrary, Forest’s admission involves deliberately choosing not to sell a player in a relevant accounting period that would have decreased their breach for that period. This decision exacerbated their breach for the relevant period, and it was a deliberate decision! This is an aggravating factor, not a mitigating one!

That’s before you even get into the fact that said player was was selected to play for Forest during the following accounting period. Surely to God, they won’t be getting away with that type of excuse. It’s nonsensical, and so easily dismissed!

1709003867807.png