6 + 2 Point Deductions

Listening to Bobble’s podcast he’s adamant that the second breach is seen in the football world as much less serious than the second. IMO it is possible that alterations made by the first outcome have knocked us into technical breach but I believe there may be scope to resolve it without hearings or points reductions.

He also seems pretty convinced Forest’s breach is worse than either of ours and based on today’s result could be 8 points or more.
If Forest got deducted 8 you'd imagine they'd appeal.

Realistically, we shouldn’t have been given any deduction.
The fact they cite EFL is also a joke given Leicester breached when in the championship by a few million more than us, with a lower limit (so a much higher breach percentage) and if I remember right were fined about £5m.

I hope you’re right and that this is thrown out as a suspended sentence at worst but I have no confidence these clowns will act rationally at all.
Yeah, the whole economic eco-system around international football in general and English football in particular is so utterly screwed up. Owners are either morally despicable (Qatar, Saudi, Oligarchs) or billionaires who hope to squeeze every pound of profit out of the game - or sometimes both! It is hard to see any way this ends well for fans and communities around the clubs.

Based on the appeal.

It's the idea that Forest would get the same punishment as we did.

They won't if the league have learnt anything from us as a guinea pig through the first ever PL club that has gone through a PS&R breach

But if it’s dealt with on a case by case basis and future cases will have nothing to do with ours, why would that matter?

Listening to Bobble’s podcast he’s adamant that the second breach is seen in the football world as much less serious than the second. IMO it is possible that alterations made by the first outcome have knocked us into technical breach but I believe there may be scope to resolve it without hearings or points reductions.

He also seems pretty convinced Forest’s breach is worse than either of ours and based on today’s result could be 8 points or more.
That's the way I see it as well.
I think Forest will be hammered with at least an 8 point deduction and up to 12 points with the only question of if I take the 7/4 on them being relegated.

I don't think you can give a suspended sentence when you've already committed a previous breach and been punished for it. Second offence will be at least equivalent to the first charge. The double jeopardy route seems to be the only viable route we have to fight our corner.
Yes, we have gone "fair cop" on the first one. The point he was making I think, was that this second charge in some way, includes one of the three years we've already been clobbered for.

Whole load of assumptions from many in here today.
Still a lot of points to play for and any of all 6 of the bottom clubs could go on a run.
People thinking Forest will get punished more than us don't seem to live in my Everton Reality, I have no doubt that they will get a suspended or a lighter points penalty than us.
Thats how this works.

But if it’s dealt with on a case by case basis and future cases will have nothing to do with ours, why would that matter?

I haven't read the entire document, but one of the errors this panel found was that the original commission ignored precedence (the EFL). They won't be able to ignore it again.

When Everton were hit with the second charge didn’t the club say they couldn’t calculate PSR for the second charge until the first appeal was concluded?

Was this on the basis on where we would finished in the league or have I remembered that wrong?

Whole load of assumptions from many in here today.
Still a lot of points to play for and any of all 6 of the bottom clubs could go on a run.
People thinking Forest will get punished more than us don't seem to live in my Everton Reality, I have no doubt that they will get a suspended or a lighter points penalty than us.
Thats how this works.
Bookies have Forest around 6/4-7/4 to be relegated. They will be deducted points.