6 + 2 Point Deductions

Just listened to Kieran Maguire and his take on the second lot of charges.
He's saying that a big dollop of double jeopardy, a bit more knowledge by the PL on how the first lot played out, and the apparent fact that these charges cover two of the three years we've already been punished for, then a minimal points deduction or suspended sentence the likely outcome.

This feels very carefully organised by the Premier League to be the ultimate deciders of our relegation fate with the power using these timescales to deduct us enough after season ends or just before to ensure we are down.

Gobshytes need obliterating

Club is a patsy and cowardly for not going Nuke.

If the Commission follows the established practice of the EPL, as they referenced in the appeal outcome, then yes, Forest alone would be charged.

HOWEVER!! I don’t know if that tweet is legit mate.
If we are going solely off the concept in the EFL of double jeopardy, the starting points for us is a penalty which is 1/3 of the original penalty, because 2 of those years have already been punished.

So if that's the case, the starting point for us is a further 2 points deduction - before considering mitigation. I think it's close to inevitable that we get another penalty, but based on what I have read, I would also be hopeful it's limited to 1 or 2 points.

It's not satisfactory at all to me. I'm really not at all happy. But that's my honest opinion based on what I've seen today. I think a points deduction for Forest is virtually inevitable now as well, since they've said in the findings that the starting point of any breach is a points deduction.

A headline too, in-between us all crying about being victims.

The club have said they're satisfied to only be reduced 6 points. Every major outlet have referenced the clubs satisfaction with the outcome.

Make no mistake, Moshiri and his precious former board were so inept an running the club - they're satisfied with a penalty of a 6 point deduction.

That's their legacy.
Not for the first time, I feel like the leadership of the club have let the supporters down.

I feel embarrassed again by their response.

A headline too, in-between us all crying about being victims.

The club have said they're satisfied to only be reduced 6 points. Every major outlet have referenced the clubs satisfaction with the outcome.

Make no mistake, Moshiri and his precious former board were so inept an running the club - they're satisfied with a penalty of a 6 point deduction.

That's their legacy.
I think this is very important to remember. I still think 6 points is harsh for accountancy breaches.

But you are right, I think the club know full well Moshiri took the piss and didn’t think anything would come of it, and when you read the judgements it’s clear we were trying to plead our way out of it. So 6 points probably comes as a measure of relief to them. We also need to remember how much worse things would be if they hadn’t allowed some pretty dubious Covid numbers.

Regardless of whether we are scapegoats Moshiri’s recklessness put us in the crosshairs.