6 + 2 Point Deductions

They are just screwing us by proxy now. Know their point deduction is a farce, but they’re already forced us into a 1 window transfer ban, and it obviously affecting performances, so they’ll let it drag on for as long as they can, so it affects us longer. Only thing I can think of was we were the most outspoken during the SL fiasco to the chagrin of the teams involved, and maybe some people in the PL. I do t think they like our influence

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see the points returned and any impending charges and ongoing investigations across the league to be at least suspended until a new system is agreed upon. Aren't new rules already planned? The initial decision was ludicrous in that the breach was relatively small and the panel explicitly stated that no footballing advantage was sought. It would make sense for the appeal to go not only after the specifics of the case but against the legitimacy of the process and how it could reach such a conclusion. The precedent it has set for other clubs committing more serious offenses with obvious attempts to gain a competitive edge would likely see the PL facing pressure from very wealthy and powerful stakeholders, such as Manchester City's owners. The league may be making the most of this time to get its ducks in a row and put together a message about how this case helped bring clarity to issues that they're eager to resolve.

Or not. I'm just bored and hadn't said anything in this thread.

The media should be asking all the people who went to the trouble of applying for the job, went through several interveiws until being shortlisted. Then had more interveiws before being offered the job. They should be asking why, after going through all that effort and trouble did they then turn the job down? It doesn't make sense. Unless of course they were being asked to do something which moraly and ethically they were unwilling to do. It seems Masters had no such qualms. As for being a paid chump for the big clubs? Only two clubs were allowed to have an input into hiring process. The rags and your lovely red neighbours.
Is that true? Really true or just you making it up to suit an agenda? TBF, it wouldn't surprise me.

If so then WTF? Any evidence?

A 12 point deduction isn’t gonna worry Boehly or indeed any of the rich 6. They could easily absorb a 12 point loss, miss a season of Europe and be primed to win the league the following season.

This argument that a fine doesn’t affect the wealthy ignores that 12 points doesn’t matter either. Which is why they’ve capped it at 12.
I know what you’re saying but Chelsea would’ve gone down 2 points below Leicester last season with a 12 point deduction

Think we should get aLl 10 points back. Although the mitigations were not accepted they were the causes of the overspend & none of them provided a sporting advantage, in fact quite the opposite in the case of Siggy so they should not apply a sporting penalty to a non sporting breach.

The consequences could however be worse if we get a transfer ban instead.😒
A transfer ban would suck, but our overspend was related to the stadium costs, not transfers, so we will probably be banned from building any more stadiums for a while.

Is that true? Really true or just you making it up to suit an agenda? TBF, it wouldn't surprise me.

If so then WTF? Any evidence?
Masters has been in interim charge of the League for the last 18 months, and follows the failed appointments of Susanna Dinnage, Tim Davie and David Pemsel who all turned down the job after agreeing to take it due to various personal reasons.

He was 4th choice.