6 + 2 Point Deductions

Worst case scenario is we don't get anything back and we get a further 10 points taken off in the same season because the PL are tools are cant work out how many points we should get on a pro rata basis...
That would technically currently puts us bottom on 9 points (I know we won't get hit with the further punishment until later this year, but for the sake of painting a picture). You would imagine forest would also get slapped with 10 points (minimum), so the bottom 4 of the table would be:
Forest- 14
Burnley - 13
Sheffield U - 13
Us - 9 (potentially 12 after tonight)
Its not a great situation but we could definitely fight our way out of that. And thats worst case scenario.
Sorry , that's not the worst case scenario.

We could get more than 10 points for the 2nd deduction - unlikely but who knows.

But , in addition, we could go into administration if 777 fail the fit and proper owners test and Moshiri can't / won't fund day to day expenditure.

Then a further 9 points deducted.

How likely is all that?

I genuinely don't know but that is the worst case scenario.

We plead guilty to an overspend of £9.7m - unless I'm mistaken it's not about appealing the guilty verdict but purely the extent of the punishment. IMO a points deduction even for £19.5m breach is inappropriate. The PL should have put in place a tariff when setting the rules.
Everton accepted a £9.7 million breach. The Premier League asserted and the Commission found that the breach was £19.5 million.

Colin Chong said we were appealing the outcome. He goes on to comment on the punishment but do we know if the difference in the extent of the breach is being appealed?

We do not know the extent of the breach for the second charge and that is why it would be good to know. If the 2nd breach is less than 10 million then this appeal could impact whether the second referral goes ahead.

If it was bad news they wouldn't want to do it just before a game live on telly.

Also wouldn't want a reason for people to say it influenced the game.
That's actually an interesting thought, its not just us playing. Imagine the freedom we'd play with if we had 10 points back announced today? Its probably best to leave it to a non matchday for sporting integrity reasons, if that's what happens