6 + 2 Point Deductions

But, the value was still lost regardless. That's our only case. Whether he was found guilty or not makes no odds for our case of mitigation. If he's was innocent and dealt with in the wrong manner by the FA, thats between Player X and the FA as it was them who specified he could not play in FA certified competition.

This is nothing to do with guilt, perceived guilt, whether a case would have been successfull or anything, it's all about valuation of services that were taken from us by an event outside of our control.

When Moshiri says we had to buy a midfielder, would that have been the case had Player X been available? This is the detail that people are forgetting.
Moshiri had to be talking about when we signed James, Doucoure and Allan right? We barely signed any other midfielders...

Tarkowski on 100kpw is the least offensive huge modern wage I’ve heard us pay for a signing. He’s been great for two seasons that we’ve been awful and he’s always fit and available.

This obviously doesn’t include Pickford who earned his raise during his time with us.

Compare him to Bernard, Gomes, Mina, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Bolasie, Williams, Klassen, Rooney, Dele all brought in on mega money. Tarks is a rock.
Good post but you left out Micheal Keane from your list.!

Breach of contract. Precedent was set in Chelsea v Mutu in which Chelsea were awarded £18m in damages from Mutu.
In theory, we could have had a claim against the FA to pay his wages as it was them that suspended him, not us. But I don't think any court in the land would support us trying to sue the player himself, unless he was found guilty.

In my mind, his wages should also be deductible for PSR, as we had no legal choice but to.pay them, but the FA didn't allow us to play him.

In theory, we could have had a claim against the FA to pay his wages as it was them that suspended him, not us. But I don't think any court in the land would support us trying to sue the player himself, unless he was found guilty.

In my mind, his wages should also be deductible for PSR, as we had no legal choice but to.pay them, but the FA didn't allow us to play him.
I thought we cancelled his wages within 2 months of it all happening, so not much to charge against.

But, the value was still lost regardless. That's our only case. Whether he was found guilty or not makes no odds for our case of mitigation. If he's was innocent and dealt with in the wrong manner by the FA, thats between Player X and the FA as it was them who specified he could not play in FA certified competition.

This is nothing to do with guilt, perceived guilt, whether a case would have been successfull or anything, it's all about valuation of services that were taken from us by an event outside of our control.

When Moshiri says we had to buy a midfielder, would that have been the case had Player X been available? This is the detail that people are forgetting.
My understanding is the panel suggested we could have reduced our claimed mitigation by sueing him but chose not to.
My point is that as well as poor for his health that would have been doomed to failure.