6 + 2 Point Deductions

Gotta be 12 points or nothing for me now. The longer they drag it out the more I'm going to add to my alternative league table. I'm sure they've made some kind of decision but will have to then change it based on damage limitation

I disagree mate, with respect. I think if they have been told that the punishment is fair, then why would they not take it as truth - also I thibk the clubs will take your approach, im thinking for of their fans. I know of we were told we were clear of the relegation zone, then told that actually we are back in it when no games have been played then we wpuld feel hard done by (evidence: this thread).

I think the analogy you have used is kind of right but ill add to it. Mr Luton finds a wallet and takes it to officer Prem. Officer Prem says thanks, we will wait to see if anyone claims it (or investigates the PSR breach). Then officer Prem calls Mr Luton and says we have dont what we needed to, do with as you will (the 10 pts deduction) Mr Luton spends the money, only to get a phone call from Prem to say they need the money back (our hopeful points reinstatement).

That might sound quite a ludicrous story, but what's happening is quite ludicrous isn't it.

It's nonsense. The money hasn't been spent in your analogy, the season is not over. And Luton were not part of the league for the years we were in breach. They can do one.

Absolutely. The goalposts will have been moved for them twice in essence. Absolute shambles. If we win our appeal then the PL will have to seriously consider throwing out the charges against us and Forest or risk another absolute horror show. Imagine further appeals and points being handed back this season.
F Luton they wasn't even in the league the years we breached in anyway so they shouldn't expect to benefit from it.

I disagree mate, with respect. I think if they have been told that the punishment is fair, then why would they not take it as truth - also I thibk the clubs will take your approach, im thinking for of their fans. I know of we were told we were clear of the relegation zone, then told that actually we are back in it when no games have been played then we wpuld feel hard done by (evidence: this thread).

I think the analogy you have used is kind of right but ill add to it. Mr Luton finds a wallet and takes it to officer Prem. Officer Prem says thanks, we will wait to see if anyone claims it (or investigates the PSR breach). Then officer Prem calls Mr Luton and says we have dont what we needed to, do with as you will (the 10 pts deduction) Mr Luton spends the money, only to get a phone call from Prem to say they need the money back (our hopeful points reinstatement).

That might sound quite a ludicrous story, but what's happening is quite ludicrous isn't it.
It’s the reason we have an asterisk. Our current point total is under appeal and therefor no team should be silly enough to assume its right, wrong, staying the same or going up or down. Win your own games and see what happens. Stupid situation but not our fault. Every club should be trying to win every game.

It's nonsense. The money hasn't been spent in your analogy, the season is not over. And Luton were not part of the league for the years we were in breach. They can do one.
Is how i feel with every other team in this situatuon, they dont feel bad the advantage it has given them at this time. If we do get points back they cant have anything to say because we rightfully won them on the pitch. Is all on the league making a mess of this, and hopefully we can get out of this mess and just leave forest in the 2 nd charge

I wonder how much cash Luton would accept to 'go quietly '?
Master's bonus won't stretch that far
Given them 100m. Spread it over a years. Call it something like a “parachute payment”.

Beyond the lavish amount of money they already get, a team that finishes with a bottom three points tally will be given no further compensation for their deserved relegation.

I wonder if the PL know the outcome but are negotiating a punishment with Everton, knowing that Everton could beat them in a court of law.

PL "What punishment can we give you to make sure this goes away but leaves a precedence to other clubs to deter them".

Quite feasible.... The sticking point could be Everton feel like no points or even no penalty at all and the PL are yet to make a decision on how to dress this up as they don`t want to appear weak or like they are back tracking.

It has been known to happen in other sports, I`m sure there is politics going on behind the scenes.
I’m not sure about negotiating but I reckon Everton have gone in really hard on this after trying to be compliant with the first hearing and getting shafted. This is literally life and death to us at this stage so they’ll be “all in”

A big boy KC doesn’t take that case on just to sit in the room and lose. He’s there for a very specific purpose which is to ask very awkward questions, ask why the mitigations weren't considered, get it overturned and put legal arguments on the table that threaten the league via the “IC” if they don’t. He’ll have been showing them case law, precedents that fit the “crime” and outlining what happens if we don’t get the points back.

The premier league and masters do not want their brand affected by people suing them. The piece in the athletic last week about their legal costs was deliberately placed there to show how much it’s costing defending against the “bad boy clubs”

What’s the bet if we get our points back the narrative is “they’ve got rich owners and better lawyers”

But nothing has changed for Luton it hasn't affected how they need to approach games and they've always known we were appealing so we might get points back it would be a bit annoying for them to be back below us but it would be on merit so they'd have no right to be aggrieved at all. It would be different if it was right at the end of the season when they could argue it had affected how they'd played in games thinking a point was enough for example when it turned out they needed to win but at this stage us getting 5 points back for example would still mean they were 5 points closer to us than they have any right to be so it would be very brassy to say they were being treated badly.
Think its a bit ignorant to say they have no right to be aggrieved. I think they have every right. And their disdain shpuld be directed at the PL for how they handled matters. Its been a royal s show for all, but more so for us, obviously.

Mate, im not trying to validate or justify the situation, im just saying Luton and other teams around us can rightly be annoyed with how this has been handled. They've been told one thing for it to potentially be taken away. Anyone can be upset with that.