6 + 2 Point Deductions

The points deduction should not stand regardless of the mitigating factors (which we had plenty). The league handled this so poorly by trying to serve a ruling without established precedent and shifting the responsibility of dishing out punishment to a panel of numbnuts so they could absolve themselves of any blame when in reality it shows that they cannot govern their own.

The case should have been thrown out immediately the way they handled it. Serving the punishment midseason probably made it look that much worse for the league as we didn’t have the window to defend ourselves. They rushed it. It made us look like scapegoats and they made example of us for others. I thank my lucky stars that the league is that much stupider than Moshiri. Looking like the points are coming back. It would be insane not to get all ten back.

The night is young and in the battle of the filth-peddling hacks, who were spreading the narrative before the first hearing result, rumblings and tensions are running high.
After a paid-for publication (how apt) is declared as the favoured Premier league stooge, independent journalists are displaying the frustration of a jilted lover. Rabid attacks over the slightest test to their authenticity, a thing of real beauty as the masks slip and heads fall off. Magnificent.
People, take the small mercies in every day.
The hacks are writhing like they are participating in a Caligulan orgy.

It's mesmerising...

The points deduction should not stand regardless of the mitigating factors (which we had plenty). The league handled this so poorly by trying to serve a ruling without established precedent and shifting the responsibility of dishing out punishment to a panel of numbnuts so they could absolve themselves of any blame when in reality it shows that they cannot govern their own.

The case should have been thrown out immediately the way they handled it. Serving the punishment midseason probably made it look that much worse for the league as we didn’t have the window to defend ourselves. They rushed it. It made us look like scapegoats and they made example of us for others. I thank my lucky stars that the league is that much stupider than Moshiri. Looking like the points are coming back. It would be insane not to get all ten back.
Whole game is a sorry mess. The P&S rules are a joke as are the wider FFP rules. I can understand the desire for sensible owners who don’t put clubs in jeopardy/clubs being cultural institutions etc but it’s all just a Trojan horse to maintain the status quo. I mean I’m sure there are more effective ways to ensure a level playing field across European and domestic competition and maybe giving fans a say at boardroom level in terms of being able to question/vetting prospective owners rather than this whole maelstrom of nonsense.

Whole game is a sorry mess. The P&S rules are a joke as are the wider FFP rules. I can understand the desire for sensible owners who don’t put clubs in jeopardy/clubs being cultural institutions etc but it’s all just a Trojan horse to maintain the status quo. I mean I’m sure there are more effective ways to ensure a level playing field across European and domestic competition and maybe giving fans a say at boardroom level in terms of being able to question/vetting prospective owners rather than this whole maelstrom of nonsense.
I wa just wondering if, on average (IE; per year of the leagues existence), have more professional clubs gone bust since the Premier League started than did before it? In other words, does FFP work?