6 + 2 Point Deductions

Since the initial rumours that we could get a 12 point reduction I've been thinking we'll be lucky to get away with 6 points.
When we put the appeal in I was hoping we'd get at least 4 points back to get us out the relegation zone.
But after everything I've read over the last few weeks I won't be happy with anything other than the full 10 points reinstated and a proper explanation from the PL as to what's happened.
The current rules have never been robust enough to keep clubs sustainable. The financial limits have never been adjusted for inflation since they were out in place in 2013 and they're being scrapped at the end of the season.
Everything points towards a full and complete revoking of the sanctions placed on Everton.
If this new legal geezer is worth his wages we'll all be much happier Evertionians by the weekend.

they won’t give us the ten back as then they look like fools for doing it full stop

even tho they are!

Senior football figures at the club find out tomorrow but the news is strictly embargoed for a little while longer apparently.

That's what's being talked about in the club offices.

Seriously its becoming more and more of a soap opera by the day.. tune in tomorrow to find out if the points deduction appeal will be announced...

So they can hand pick which snivelling toad gets the scoop this time. On a rotor basis. And vet the article to maximise the number of times it says “£10000000million spent on players”

In all seriousness, it may be to allow the club/PL time to write statements, possibly even agree wording if it’s been engineered to make it look both sides are “happy”. 🤮

Embargoes are typically used to ensure that the message is consistent and on brand or whatever. Organizations want to control the story and discourage anyone from grabbing the audience or printing early without the full story as they’ve framed it, and if they’re not honored, the party that leaks early will hurt their relationship with the organization in the future.