6 + 2 Point Deductions

The fact that the government is involved at all is very bad news for the league. I expect either a whistleblower to come out, something to get “leaked” or the league to eventually cave after the pressure.

What bothers me the most about the points deduction is how quickly they were trying to dish out the punishment. You enact this type of punishment the season after so the defendant has a chance to make the appeal. The fact that they made an arbitrary ruling midseason instead of giving us a window to make a case is crazy. The fact that we are having to appeal this type of thing during an ongoing season is crazy. It’s agenda driven. I can’t see it not being overturned some way.

It was in an article by church Crown Chambers I think it was called tried to get the link with the full breakdown .
Tried to look before but it will not let me see the full thing now.
Basically it outlines the reasons why the Premier league are on a sticky wicket.
Someone better at getting links than me might be able to put it up.
I looked for it earlier and it seemed to have disappeared. Which is interesting in itself.

Thinking about it, Master’s letter could potentially be one of frustration at learning that the panel have reduced the points deduction. Could be a ‘I still think I’m right’ kinda letter

I just looked the article was quite long.
Now it's not there and and older article is up from November.
Thanks for that thought it was me being a bit of a knob not finding it.
It has also disappeared from another link I used earlier. It was a comprehensive legal perspective on the procedural issues that were problematic for the PL in Everton’s case…very interesting indeed that it has “disappeared” in less than 12 hours after being made available online.

I just looked the article was quite long.
Now it's not there and and older article is up from November.
Thanks for that thought it was me being a bit of a knob not finding it.
Here’s the conclusion from the report that has disappeared.

“The Commission’s decision failed both the subjective and objective tests concerning Article 6 ECHR. Everton was seemingly denied a fair trial, raising questions about the fairness, transparency, and integrity of the Premier League’s regulatory processes. This case underscores the importance of ensuring procedural fairness and adherence to human rights principles in the context of sports governance and the events of 2024 may prove pivotal in determining the league’s commitment to upholding integrity and ensuring equitable treatment for all member clubs

“The Commission’s decision failed both the subjective and objective tests concerning Article 6 ECHR. Everton was seemingly denied a fair trial, raising questions about the fairness, transparency, and integrity of the Premier League’s regulatory processes. This case underscores the importance of ensuring procedural fairness and adherence to human rights principles in the context of sports governance and the events of 2024 may prove pivotal in determining the league’s commitment to upholding integrity and ensuring equitable treatment for all member clubs
Which bit of article 6? Why?
I’m not sure I see it

Hang on. What? How has the report disappeared?

Hang on. What? How has the report disappeared?
The link to the church court chambers site no longer brings up the article that we saw this morning. It now links to an article from November 23 which is not the same one but written by the same author.

Which bit of article 6? Why?
I’m not sure I see it
It broke it down mate , he is posting the conclusion.
It was quite a long article and went into dept.
Why it reached that piont.
Pity it's gone.
Basically stayed the process, what had happened then why in legal terms it had not been transparent ect.
Took about half an hour to read and take in for the non legal fans like myself.
About 2 thirds of it was what you knew , but the last bit was an eye opener.
Now gone and an old one in its place.