6 + 2 Point Deductions

It's clearly a different breach of the rules.

It is, but there's a process flaw with this that they've tried to rectify.

Meaning: if we thought we were in compliance for 06/30/2022, but didn't find out until after 06/30/2023 that our calculations were not accepted, there would have been no way/reason to act (sell a player) before 06/30/2023 to regain compliance for the 2nd reporting period.

Meaning: if we thought we were in compliance for 06/30/2022, but didn't find out until after 06/30/2023 that our calculations were not accepted, there would have been no way/reason to act (sell a player) before 06/30/2023 to regain compliance for the 2nd reporting period.
All fair enough, and the fact that two (or three, whatever) of the contributing years were the same should mean any punishment is a lot lower. It's just doing my head in a bit that people keep calling it the same breach, it isn't.

The report was written by the PL/IC and highly unlikely to have input from the club apart from the selective comments taken from the hearing.
Given the scale of the punishment I have no doubt that they would make the report as negative towards our conduct as possible…gilding the lily to make their point for political purposes.
We are not without blame but the 10 points is unwarranted and they have to have something to try and justify it.
I’ve just taken a different view from my previous understanding after reading the report.

However they are presented, the breaches appear undeniable and in keeping with our board’s previous incompetence, wholly avoidable.

If Everton ripped the report to shreds in the appeal, because it misrepresents the facts, that’s great.

What is clearly open to challenge is the fairness of the process and punishment applied.

All fair enough, and the fact that two (or three, whatever) of the contributing years were the same should mean any punishment is a lot lower. It's just doing my head in a bit that people keep calling it the same breach, it isn't.

I'm in agreement with you, it's two breaches. Just because the reporting periods overlap doesn't mean they're not different.

Again using that example, if we knew our calculations were not accepted on 05/30/2023, we would have been expected to rectify the situation (sell players) by 06/30/2023.

Either we didn't know, didn't care, or the breach was so large we couldn't do anything about it.

Exactly. And our final PSR figure for 21/22 wasn't even finalised by the IC until Nov '23, way after 22/23 had finished. We don't know the numbers but if they are tight and we would've been in compliance but for this belated adjustment it's surely a heavy mitigation that we weren't psychic and couldn't plan for an as yet unknown adjustment to the numbers we thought we had.

Out of all this mess the one thing everyone can agree is the premier league is far more unprofessional than Everton and that's saying something.
Crikey that is something. I can’t agree with that. I think Everton are an absolute shower.

I do think that the PL a far more unprofessional than I could have ever imagined…. But that is still jot as unprofessional as Everton