6 + 2 Point Deductions

you do know in the same period teams like wolves, west ham spent more than us on transfers?

we wasted millions and wouldn't be in this position if we didn't, on the flip side we also wouldnt be in this position if we weren't building a new stadium.

keep seeing posts from you half justifying the charges, are you ok mate?
I bet they ain't paying the insane wages we do though, also a big thing that doesn't happen here (not enough anyway) is selling players, players just run contracts down.

you do know in the same period teams like wolves, west ham spent more than us on transfers?

we wasted millions and wouldn't be in this position if we didn't, on the flip side we also wouldnt be in this position if we weren't building a new stadium.

Coping mechanism

I’d say it’s not so much a case that we didn’t think we had breached.

We must have known we had and were coming up with “constructive and creative” justification, as to how we could say, we didn’t think we had.

One seemingly bonkers claim was, that Everton had paid the Prem £7.6 million owed as the transfer levy payments. This is used to cover players’ pension costs.

Whatever may be left in the collective Prem pot when those pension payments have been made is then used (by the Prem) for youth development purposes.

Everton wanted to claim whatever proportion of their transfer levy pot was left over, should be offset in Everton’s accounts as a youth development allowance. A claim never made by any club previously in the history of football.

Even a Tory MP would probably blush trying to justify that one.
That's why I caveated with didn’t breach by as much as the PL said. We admitted we were over but not by 20m, only by £9m. If we end up being less than £10m over this time, then it’s the extra £10m we didn’t believe we were over by the year before

I bet they ain't paying the insane wages we do though, also a big thing that doesn't happen here (not enough anyway) is selling players, players just run contracts down.

Well they both have a higher net for them 3 seasons mentioned, so they couldn't have made that much money back.

I'm not arguing we have wasted money, but 10 points is comical.

Surely any type of any points deducted getting suspeneded, is auto actived in April, if we get found Guily. It would almost be like they are saying they are suspended, knowing they no doubt will add on, and maybe more in April.

Surely any type of any points deducted getting suspeneded, is auto actived in April, if we get found Guily. It would almost be like they are saying they are suspended, knowing they no doubt will add on, and maybe more in April.
Indeed but then it’s back to the argument that they are charging us twice for the same misdemeanour. So they suspend a deduction then apply it again for the same thing. Madness

This is literally only one part of the equation and ignores wages, staff costs, and our tumbling revenue.

Agreed, plus we apparently told the prem we would deffo sell player Y to compensate for the predicted breach. Then we didn’t, so the Prem got the right hump.

I only got round to reading the actual commission’s report today, coz I’ve got a load of skirting boards I’m supposed to be painting indoors.

I was baffled as to how we could be docked the points if we were seemingly compliant.

It doesn’t make for a great read in terms of establishing that we are bang to rights, guilty as charged and always were.

Hopefully our brief can work the oracle on the fairness of the punishment and process.

Anyone who thinks we are the good guys in this story, have a read.
The report was written by the PL/IC and highly unlikely to have input from the club apart from the selective comments taken from the hearing.
Given the scale of the punishment I have no doubt that they would make the report as negative towards our conduct as possible…gilding the lily to make their point for political purposes.
We are not without blame but the 10 points is unwarranted and they have to have something to try and justify it.

But it's a nonsense mate. Clubs owned by states etc will find the way to offset. Just like we would have done if Russia didnt invade Ukraine.

There's no way on gods earth Man City or Chelsea will receive a points deduction, or any serious penalty. They'll change the goalposts.
And if that happens then people are justified with their claims of bias.

Till then, here we are.