6 + 2 Point Deductions

I mean its not even true.

The Premier League said "Dont spend any more money or you will breach", Everton said "Nar bruv, we wont, we need a new midfield".

I get it, everybody needs a bad man to hate, most have picked The Premier League, poor little Everton being picked on by the nasty Premier League.

The truth is very, very different.
Agreed, plus we apparently told the prem we would deffo sell player Y to compensate for the predicted breach. Then we didn’t, so the Prem got the right hump.

I only got round to reading the actual commission’s report today, coz I’ve got a load of skirting boards I’m supposed to be painting indoors.

I was baffled as to how we could be docked the points if we were seemingly compliant.

It doesn’t make for a great read in terms of establishing that we are bang to rights, guilty as charged and always were.

Hopefully our brief can work the oracle on the fairness of the punishment and process.

Anyone who thinks we are the good guys in this story, have a read.

Agreed, plus we apparently told the prem we would deffo sell player Y to compensate for the predicted breach. Then we didn’t, so the Prem got the right hump.

I only got round to reading the actual commission’s report today, coz I’ve got a load of skirting boards I’m supposed to be painting indoors.

I was baffled as to how we could be docked the points if we were seemingly compliant.

It doesn’t make for a great read in terms of establishing that we are bang to rights, guilty as charged and always were.

Hopefully our brief can work the oracle on the fairness of the sanctions.

Anyone who thinks we are the good guys in this story, have a read.
Anybody who actually reads the commission report can clearly see who is at fault.

Most people would rather read jarg sound bites from The Daily Mail tho.

And what is an appropriate number?

... and what calculation will be used to come to that number, to ensure it's fairly applied to others - like Nottingham Forest?
I dont know, considering there is no rules in place, I would suggest a suspended points deduction or something less than 5.

Or lets say 1 point for every 5million.

And stick the 6 points for breaching up their bum.

Is this just a copy of the initial report by premier league or is this the appeal? Sorry don’t have the time to sift through all this at the moment.

I dont know, considering there is no rules in place, I would suggest a suspended points deduction or something less than 5.

So, 0 then.

You also never answered how you would apply it consistently to all 20 member clubs.

I'd argue if there's no rule in place, then you can't just make a punishment up and if you're going to, at the very least you need to be clear as to how the precedent you're setting will be used for all.

It was, is, and always will be reactive action, politics - by a desperate, chaotic organisation to stave off as much regulation as possible.

So, 0 then.

You also never answered how you would apply it consistently to all 20 member clubs.

I'd argue if there's no rule in place, then you can't just make a punishment up and if you're going to, at the very least you need to be clear as to how the precedent you're setting will be used for all.

It was, is, and always will be reactive action, politics by a desperate organisation to stave off as much regulation as possible.
I edited my post.

I mean its not even true.

The Premier League said "Dont spend any more money or you will breach", Everton said "Nar bruv, we wont, we need a new midfield".

I get it, everybody needs a bad man to hate, most have picked The Premier League, poor little Everton being picked on by the nasty Premier League.

The truth is very, very different.
If life was so black and white it would be easy...
Truth is. As I see it, there is an ocean of grey here.
We all agree (amazingly) we've been poorly run. Of that we are guilty.
But the guilt of being poorly run isn't enough. It must be objectively judged within clear guidelines.
The pl haven't had such clear guidelines. The guidelines (rules/policies) have been created and/ or amended during the process. Of that they are guilty.
So, no wonder a club doesn't take them seriously... Who would?
Hence the PL giving us a unreasonable penalty. make others stand up and cower at their power. To a degree it's worked...
We probably thought we had it in the bag and were dismissive of the recommendations.... Arrogant but also understandable. Only to later find out some things were not permissable or should be accounted differently. Again, not our guilt. And, is an abuse of process. PL guilty.
Mix all this with the bigger picture of political pressue. Then it's clearly more than just big bad PL against poor little Everton.
We're the party stuck in a crossfire.
No man's land if you like.
And nobody wants or deserves to be there.

So. In short.

Gives our effing points back you self interested, money grabbing, self entitled, nepotistic cock warts!