6 + 2 Point Deductions

I had read that Rights & Media Funding had provided Everton with a waiver to use their loan funds for the stadium.
if such a waiver did exist, it doesn’t get referenced in the commission’s judgement document.

They state that their rejection of the offsetting of the loans, is based on their review of the actual terms relating to those loans. (specifically excluding use for the stadium)

There is also mention of Everton failing to sell Player Y, despite having assured the Prem that they would do so. This was taken as evidence, that in not doing so, Everton had mislead the Prem.

Do we know who player Y is ?
1707321867413.jpeg

if such a waiver did exist, it doesn’t get referenced in the commission’s judgement document.

They state that their rejection of the offsetting of the loans, is based on their review of the actual terms relating to those loans. (specifically excluding use for the stadium)

There is also mention of Everton failing to sell Player Y, despite having assured the Prem that they would do so. This was taken as evidence, that in not doing so, Everton had mislead the Prem.

Do we know who player Y is ?
View attachment 245170
Tried to tidy the wording about the waiver in the original above but ran out of editing time.

An aggravating factor was that we were found to have been retrospectively trying to negotiate a waiver to be allowed to use the loans for the stadium. I.E. so we clearly knew the original terms didn’t allow it.

We didn’t tell the Prem about this bit, so they got the hump when they found out.
1707323240470.jpeg

The Premier League we're monitoring, not managing. We have to take ownership of our own finances. We we're purchasing players and then expecting to sell them/ other on. When it didn't work, we gout ourselves in a mess.

Again from the hearing documentation.

The 13 August 2021 agreement imposed certain obligations on Everton, one of which was to obtain the Premier League’s approval of purchases of new players. The Premier League approved each such request but when doing so cautioned Everton that it (the Premier League) was not managing Everton’s finances, and that it was for Everton to ensure that it complied with the PSR. The Premier League asserts that for Everton to have persisted in player purchases in the face of such plain warnings was recklessness that constitutes an aggravating factor.103. The Commission considers that it was unwise for Everton not to have curtailed player purchases. It was aware of potential PSR difficulties but pressed ahead in the hope that it would make sales of players that would enable it to achieve PSR compliance. Events have proved that to be a poor judgment.
But this makes little sense from the PLs standpoint. Approval means "the action of approving something, the belief that someone or something is good or acceptable"

What in the world is the purpose of requiring approval, but saying "we know nothing about this and are just going to rubber stamp everything". Its not an approval then is it. Its an acknowledgement. Which they do anyway, always, for every club.

But if we thought we hadn’t breached first time round (or not breached by as much as the PL said), by the time we were charged and told how much the breach was, it was too late to do anything about breaching a second time as we had planned with figures we thought were correct.
I’d say it’s not so much a case that we didn’t think we had breached.

We must have known we had and were coming up with “constructive and creative” justification, as to how we could say, we didn’t think we had.

One seemingly bonkers claim was, that Everton had paid the Prem £7.6 million owed as the transfer levy payments. This is used to cover players’ pension costs.

Whatever may be left in the collective Prem pot when those pension payments have been made is then used (by the Prem) for youth development purposes.

Everton wanted to claim whatever proportion of their transfer levy pot was left over, should be offset in Everton’s accounts as a youth development allowance. A claim never made by any club previously in the history of football.

Even a Tory MP would probably blush trying to justify that one.

But this makes little sense from the PLs standpoint. Approval means "the action of approving something, the belief that someone or something is good or acceptable"

What in the world is the purpose of requiring approval, but saying "we know nothing about this and are just going to rubber stamp everything". Its not an approval then is it. Its an acknowledgement. Which they do anyway, always, for every club.
I mean its not even true.

The Premier League said "Dont spend any more money or you will breach", Everton said "Nar bruv, we wont, we need a new midfield".

I get it, everybody needs a bad man to hate, most have picked The Premier League, poor little Everton being picked on by the nasty Premier League.

The truth is very, very different.

The Premier League said "Dont spend any more money or you will breach", Everton said "Nar bruv, we wont, we need a new midfield".

I get it, everybody needs a bad man to hate, most have picked The Premier League, poor little Everton being picked on by the nasty Premier League.

A points deduction is not an appropriate punishment. Goodnight.

you do know in the same period teams like wolves, west ham spent more than us on transfers?

we wasted millions and wouldn't be in this position if we didn't, on the flip side we also wouldnt be in this position if we weren't building a new stadium.

keep seeing posts from you half justifying the charges, are you ok mate?

Are we the baddies?

you do know in the same period teams like wolves, west ham spent more than us on transfers?

we wasted millions and wouldn't be in this position if we didn't, on the flip side we also wouldnt be in this position if we weren't building a new stadium.

keep seeing posts from you half justifying the charges, are you ok mate?
Im not half justifying them, im fully justifying them.

Are we the baddies?
Yes!!!!!