6 + 2 Point Deductions

I don't believe it's truly independent.

The Premier League have doubled down - you only had to clock the client journalism in the hours prior the appeal hearing.

For those two reasons I'm not optimistic.
It’s a kangaroo court. The only hope is that the legal team have presented serious evidence, past cases and precedent over fines and the lack of consideration of mitigating circumstances

As well as some very not so thinly veiled legal threats in domestic and European courts

It’s a kangaroo court. The only hope is that the legal team have presented serious evidence, past cases and precedent over fines and the lack of consideration of mitigating circumstances

As well as some very not so thinly veiled legal threats in domestic and European courts

I suspect whoever picked the appeal board will get the outcome they want.

It’s absurd to pretend that the league has any integrity - when one club can spend a billion in two windows - but most others are restricted to a tiny fraction of this amount.
The allowed spends of all clubs should be linked in some way, not based on supposed income.
I have no issue with successful teams who earn more being permitted to spend more, but there needs to be allowance for a wealthy owner coming along and funding another team with as much as they want as long as this money isn't saddled on the club as debt.