6 + 2 Point Deductions

So does this get the PL off the hook with regards to the request from the parliamentary committee for the minutes of the August PL meeting and Masters's witness statement ? I assume not, but it's a minor inconvenience. Hopefully the new KC will be able to run rings round Masters and his side kick Brittain.

They will not be near the hearing.

Why? There has literally been no news whatsoever.
More evidence that the select committee were referring to.

Select briefings of client journos. Surprised they haven’t leaked the decision too, not that it will be a surprise but if they do reject the appeal and uphold the 10 points then it will be catastrophic for the PL and their brand given the scrutiny they are under

….seems to me, the PL is fixed in its view so that’s not going to change regardless. ‘Other clubs abided by the rules so those who didn’t have to incur penalties’.

The only way this will change is if the Sky6 complain that FFP is not fit for purpose and even then it will change from a future date.

Our only chance is if the Tribunal is purely independent and are persuaded to determine that the whole process is flawed and our punishment is wholly disproportionate. Don’t hold your breath.
We're not necessarily opposed to a sanction. It's the nature of the sanction that is in question. That and the fact the whole thing is a kangaroo court.

They said that a sporting advantage must be inferred due to the fact that we bought players, but that it wasn't intentional. They have only inferred it due to the Sheff Wed's case.

I think this is something the likes of Andy Burnham and the Esk have mentioned, how can they quantify the sporting advantage? It's a load of my rrrs.

My theory that it is no coincidence that the appeal is being held over this three days is that the transfer window will be closed therefore we couldnt do any business when the 10 points are returned and this entire show is ended once and for all. The outcome will be that the EPL are ordered to accept an independent governing body and that they cant make this crap up as they go along just to get at us. This is a personal vendetta and it has been like this for some time, it is beyond coincidence now and nobody can deny it.

To be honest getting 3 minor celebrity fans to write a cringeworthy letter to Masters was never a great plan. We should have left it with the select committee as they're impartial. We broke the rules and admitted it. We gained an advantage and stayed up by the skin of our teeth. The only thing we should focus on is the severity of the punishment, which should have been a transfer ban or a deduction in the order of 3 points.

To be honest getting 3 minor celebrity fans to write a cringeworthy letter to Masters was never a great plan. We should have left it with the select committee as they're impartial. We broke the rules and admitted it. We gained an advantage and stayed up by the skin of our teeth. The only thing we should focus on is the severity of the punishment, which should have been a transfer ban or a deduction in the order of 3 points.

Wouldn't say the former governor of the Bank of England and the Mayor of one the biggest economic cities in the country are "minor celebrities".

Different levels to the like of Aldridge and John Power doing videos kicking off like those lot did when they got upset.

It rattled them.