6 + 2 Point Deductions

I can ses the PL argument here coming saying that the 10 point deduction should have been for last season but we delayed the process/hearing to this season. So in essence we are to blame if we get 2 deductions in the same season.
That might be their argument but it’s quite easy to argue against.

Their new expedited procedure for this year has charges laid in January and the final outcome is still potentially after the end of the season.

So even on that much quicker schedule if charges were laid in March as they were last season it would be impossible to get an outcome the same season- they’ve as good as admitted that with their new timetable.

So we were correct to argue it was impossible to get a complete and fair process starting in March and ending in May. They’ve demonstrated that themselves.

Pl was ready last season but apparently we needed more time so was pushed to early this season. We probably thought that we had no chance of survival with a point deduction last season vs this season with an earlier point deduction and a weaker league give us an advantage.

Erm no, they were the ones that dragged it out by referring us to the independent commission.

Pl was ready last season but apparently we needed more time so was pushed to early this season. We probably thought that we had no chance of survival with a point deduction last season vs this season with an earlier point deduction and a weaker league give us an advantage.
If true, then we were right. A deduction last season would have killed us for sure. :(

Yeah our first charge took from March to November from charge to points deduction. The appeal, who knows. The second charge will be dealt with quicker, but unspecified, same as Forest.

Point being they set up rules without having a process to follow in the event of clubs breaking them, and without a punishment in place either.

It’s Kangaroo court nonsense, making it up as they go along.
Yep it's a nonsense. They had some sort of misguided belief that either nobody would break the rules, or if they did they wouldn't try and defend themselves very hard. If they wanted to bring in "live" P&S they needed to bring in the Spanish system.

That might be their argument but it’s quite easy to argue against.

Their new expedited procedure for this year has charges laid in January and the final outcome is still potentially after the end of the season.

So even on that much quicker schedule if charges were laid in March as they were last season it would be impossible to get an outcome the same season- they’ve as good as admitted that with their new timetable.

So we were correct to argue it was impossible to get a complete and fair process starting in March and ending in May. They’ve demonstrated that themselves.
I know...and I agree...so perhaps in the worst possible scenarios, we may still be able to push any additional point deduction to next season.

I can ses the PL argument here coming saying that the 10 point deduction should have been for last season but we delayed the process/hearing to this season. So in essence we are to blame if we get 2 deductions in the same season.

We did not dictate the process, I understand what you're saying but to say we are to blame is not correct.

The process and timing are flawed, and that is on the PL.

I mean City have already been found guilty of breaking the rules, they got off on a technicality due to time-lapse.

So its a fact.
The only time we have been done for failing ffp is when Uefa changed the rules once we had submitted our accounts. We were punished for this and accepted "the pinch" The second time we took it to CAS and won. The only thing they got us on was none cooperation. Now that is a fact.

Erm no, they were the ones that dragged it out by referring us to the independent commission.

Can't remember where I've read it, but the PL wanted a verdict in last season (we were charged in March), but the Commission pushed back, and argued that we needed more time to prepare. We got lucky, the PL didn't get their wish.

Last edited:

Masters literally did tell the Commons committee it should have been last season but Everton wanted longer. Not verbatim but that is what he told the
Committee last week.