6 + 2 Point Deductions

Said it yesterday but the timing of the first verdict has to be a massive part of the second hearing.

Not just our mitigations but they ruled on our method of calculating the interest in November 23. Our final PSR figure for 21/22 was also decided in Nov 23- after the conclusion of 22/23.

Given it was impossible by then to adjust our methodology used for 22/23, and given that we didn't know during 22/23 that our 21/22 figure was wrong and therefore couldn't plan around the alteration, our argument will be that the 22/23 breach is simply a knock-on from the unknowable 21/22 verdict which has already been covered by a sanction. It'll come down to numbers but if 22/23 has run close I think it's a decent argument that any further punishment should be minimal if anything.

Basically- if our 22/23 number would be compliant BUT FOR the effects of the 21/22 verdict we have a strong case I think, since the 21/22 verdict was delivered on the PLs own very slow timeline after the 22/23 period was over, leaving nothing we could do about it.

It also helps our argument that by now speeding up the process they have demonstrated that our first case could've been dealt with much quicker to allow us to factor in the effects of the verdict in the following year, but they chose not to.
Timing is of the hearing was to a degree determined by Everton. The PL wanted the hearing dealt with along with any appeal in the 22/23 season but Everton rejected the proposal and the IP supported Everton.
Based on the 22/23 final table probably a good outcome for Everton

Again, of no consequence to Premier League spending and FFP. The article talks of the likes of Helder Costa who joined them in 2016 and Roderick Miranda in 2017. It talks of 12 players joining after the takeover in 2016. Only 4 were Portuguese. So yes, they exploited the relationship between Nuno and Mendes but who wouldn't?

The spending Wolves did in 2022/23 was the concern when they bought Nunes for 45M, Guedes for 27M, Collins for 22M, Kalajdzic for 18M, Hwang for 16M and Lemina for 5M. They ended up getting rid of all but Hwang and Lemina although Guedes and Kalajdzic went on loan.

The point is though, that they saw an issue coming and took action. They were among the favourites to go down when Lopetegui left.
Yes… that’s the problem. Whereas Moshiri literally said he had to spend money to have a midfield.
He literally admitted doing the wrong thing.
Moshiri is literally the root of all this.

In the older days, clubs needed a great number 9, someone to put the ball in the net. Now we need a great KC to stop us being relegated…wtf happened to football…….
Kevin Campbell?
Remember folks, it's a three year cycle.

We've only just received our second notification of breach.

Let's brace ourselves for a third charge.

TREBLE JEOPARDY.
UNPRECEDENTED TREBLE!

Timing is of the hearing was to a degree determined by Everton. The PL wanted the hearing dealt with along with any appeal in the 22/23 season but Everton rejected the proposal and the IP supported Everton.
Based on the 22/23 final table probably a good outcome for Everton
Fair enough, although bear in mind that the charges were brought in March last year rather than Jan this year on the new timetable. Realistically there would not have been time for any proper due process, especially in the first case of it’s kind, as evidenced by the fact even the new expedited process may end after the end of the season having started two months earlier.

We spent more than that over a given 5 year period under Walsh / Koeman et al. That's partly why we are where we are. Plus their turnover is absolutely huge, based on being a successful club for years and years. Why we thought we should just be able to jump the queue I don't know and it's got us into this mess.
LOL.

Do you mean that we should just stay in our assigned place and fall further and further behind?

You sound like the country's perception of a down-trodden scouser.

Carraghers piece in the Tory graph for anyone who’s hasn’t written it. He’s definitely been told by his paymasters not to criticise the premier league.

There is so much that I have learned over the past couple of weeks that make me absolutely livid about this city bs.

First of all you giving the best possible defense team ever organized in sport over 3 years to prepare for a case. That's ofcourse not a massive help.

Also. Hypothetically, if they get punished it will be under a completely new PSR framework, with different penalties.

We are 100% done in with a house of cards style framework that has simply been quickly drawn together

Masters said that the policy has been in place for a decade and in decade not one club has been guilty? BS. Suddenly I'm hearing all clubs are watching their PSR levels right now. Even so called well run clubs like Arsenal, just shows you that for the first time many clubs are worried simply because we got punished

The one question I was very happy to hear being asked is if we are being cracked down on to show strength in their own governance so I'm very haply it got asked and hopefully it appears to be visible to outside world

Feels more like we were at the wrong place wrong time with so many factors going wrong.

If this is a truly club owned competition, surely they can vote on a sanction for each of the items that City are pulled on prior to the hearing. Rule W.17 breach (no idea if that exists) then if guilty must pay £100m to each PL club at time of breach, for each breach. Rule W.13 breach, 100 points deduction for each guilty verdict, served concurrently over seasons. Start prem on -300 points, then Championship on -280, etc. etc.

If its a majority vote, who's to stop it?

We spent more than that over a given 5 year period under Walsh / Koeman et al. That's partly why we are where we are. Plus their turnover is absolutely huge, based on being a successful club for years and years. Why we thought we should just be able to jump the queue I don't know and it's got us into this mess.
Is this true? Or are you just saying things without having any basis?

Can you please identify the 'given 5 year period' and provide the numbers for the 'given 5 year period'.

Carraghers piece in the Tory graph for anyone who’s hasn’t written it. He’s definitely been told by his paymasters not to criticise the premier league.

It sickens me that some of our fans fell for the “eez alright Carra la, eez deffo a bloo deep down” hogwash. Absolutely sickens me. The fella absolutely hates us and wants to take us down, disgusting snake who spits at kids which everyone seems to have forgotten about.

Farhad Moshiri is to blame for our financial state. But this is about a completely unfair, inconsistent and disproportionate treatment we’ve received from the league. Why people are trying to set up a black and white “the board or the Premier League PICK A SIDE” narrative I’ll never know.

They didn't sack him after spitting in a child's face . Of course he's goin to back Sky.