6 + 2 Point Deductions

so the prem introduced a rule where the clubs had to submit there accounts in January and then any breaches would be dealt with in the same season. Was this something that the clubs agreed to or was this just the prem introducing another rule on a whim during the season.

Surely it’s not enforceable unless the majority of clubs agree to it.
It's all in the handbook for this season, the clubs agreed to it. I don't buy the reasoning personally.

More like @matty1878 speeding home to get to bed before 6pm, bombing down a 40mph zone at 44mph, then only slowing down to 32mph in the following 30mph zone. Slowed down substantially, but still in breach. But he could argue that it’s all part of the same journey, not separate ones, and was only slightly in breach of the speed limit because he wanted to get his head down nice and early because his head’s gone.

lol

Athletic latest article

Everton argued that £17.4million worth of interest payments were used for their new stadium project and should not be included in their PSR calculations, but when the commission found in the league’s favour, that shortfall left them in breach.

With the 2023 summer window already closed, Everton were unable to do business in the market to recover the amount, leaving them at risk of a breach in 2022-23 as well. Almost overnight, the club’s internal forecasting was put out of kilter, with pessimism quickly setting in over their attempts at compliance for the latest cycle.

Indeed, the club used the commission’s assumptions from October, which they intend to challenge on appeal, when filing their PSR submission last month.
Surely that's the end of the issue right there. We haven't had enough time to address the issues of the previous punishment.

Longer if he used some of the experts on here.

” By day he drives a wagon for Asda, by night he’s a legal expert on football governance and finance on GOT “
Set that to the theme from A-Team and I'll watch it on a Sunday after my bath and homework are done.

"Mum, mum, the GOT accountants is starting, muuuuuuuum, can I stay up, pleeeeeease?"

Athletic latest article

Everton argued that £17.4million worth of interest payments were used for their new stadium project and should not be included in their PSR calculations, but when the commission found in the league’s favour, that shortfall left them in breach.

With the 2023 summer window already closed, Everton were unable to do business in the market to recover the amount, leaving them at risk of a breach in 2022-23 as well. Almost overnight, the club’s internal forecasting was put out of kilter, with pessimism quickly setting in over their attempts at compliance for the latest cycle.

Indeed, the club used the commission’s assumptions from October, which they intend to challenge on appeal, when filing their PSR submission last month.
So 5 points for being £5m over plus another 2 points for every £1m over thereafter?

Just a casual 17 point deduction. Nice.