6 + 2 Point Deductions

This situation could also be seen as a display of authority by the Premier League, aimed at constraining the influence of the upcoming independent football regulator.

Some within the league view the regulator's impending role as an excessive intrusion into football affairs, possibly into the suspect actions that we fans have long suffered. It's possible that the Premier League is attempting to assert that regulatory authority needs constraints and that the league is fully capable of self-governance.

“We do have a concern that it could potentially be too interventionist on healthy clubs, rather than being really laser-focused on helping the clubs that need it and that’s what we want to work with government [on] to make sure that … we’re providing that support where it’s required.”

I believe double jeopardy would relate to criminal cases, not civil cases, and was essentially scrapped in the UK in relation to the Stephen Lawrence case and following Macpherson Report. Besides, this isn’t a legal case, it’s a Premier League hearing or sanction.
But the EFL have this double jepody rule in place, so it's hardly looking to set a precedent...and the PL also want to change this lack of rigour in their own guidelines.

Worst case scenario:
We don't get the 10 points already docked back.
We stay on 17 points at present.
We get docked another 10 points along with Forest, taking us down to 7 points.
17 games to play.
So what points total would we need to survive with a total of 20 points deducted?
I would suggest 34, as I don't see the present bottom three getting to that total (nor probably Forest if they get 10 deducted).
So, I feel we would need 27 points from 17 games.
Do-able? Just might be.

Anything less than a final total of 20 points lost improves the above situation...
You omitted the possibility of another 9 points for admission in your "worst case scenario"

This situation could also be seen as a display of authority by the Premier League, aimed at constraining the influence of the upcoming independent football regulator.

Some within the league view the regulator's impending role as an excessive intrusion into football affairs, possibly into the suspect actions that we fans have long suffered. It's possible that the Premier League is attempting to assert that regulatory authority needs constraints and that the league is fully capable of self-governance.

Helping. Righto.

This is a massive kick in the teeth for the club . This is down to the people running the club finances . they spent months looking at these accounts but still managed to submit them so we get charged again … absolutely crazy !!!

i know but i love everton why is it always us 💙☹️

We all do but try and put things into perspective for your own sake. The club doesn't do itself any favours by the way, it should never be of been in a position to be under any investigation in the first place. A lot of selfish people have stayed quiet about Everton over the years.

The downfall is, we have been punished for a previous charge after the end of the year we have just submitted.

We believed we were compliant in that previous cycle, meaning that we continued into the year just submitted unable to make any necessary changes to ensure compliance because it was unknown.

Your speeding example doesn’t really add up, the 3 year cycle more aligns with the rules that if you get caught speeding and go through a further speed camera on the same road within a certain timeframe, it is considered the same journey and you won’t get a double punishment.
That isn't true though the club was informed by the Premier League that the PSR exclusions would not be allowed as far back as 2022. From the IP report.

34. The Premier League responded to Everton’s submissions by way of a
telephone call on 9 December 2022 from Mr Herbert to Ms Charles. Mr
Herbert reported that the Premier League Board had considered carefully the
exclusions sought by Everton but had concluded, provisionally, that none fell
within a proper application of the PSR. It was recognised by both Mr Herbert
and Ms Charles that the differences between the Premier League and Everton
would become live only once the FY 2022 accounts and PSR calculation had
been provided.