6 + 2 Point Deductions

What’s the point.
We had some sympathy from outsiders before today.
Don’t think we have now.
This club has been run by idiots of who should be prosecuted for the negligence whilst being members of the board. They got to resign or die before they were answerable to anything.
I hope they all rot in hell.
Can’t be arsed anymore like I say what’s the point.
That's absurd for anyone not to have sympathy when there's an obvious reason concerning the stadium financing for both charges.

If they don't see that then they're thick and not worth having the sympathy of.

According to the chief reporter on Sky they have made nearly 1 billion back in player sales over the last 5 years.

Someone needs to tell the fool that it’s irrelevant what they’ve done in the last 5 years when they only look at the last 3 potentially 4 years…Everton could have sold a trillion worth of players 5 years ago and it matters not a jot today.
And then 15 minutes later he said £500m player sales.

89% we are, new rules are 70% of turnover, we really need to be around the 50-60% range
And we are working towards it. Points deduction is not helping either. We need to increase our revenue which we are doing with the new stadium. This is a slow process and we are heading in the right direction. The premier league is having a huge impact on our ability to do that work successfully, and they are for me responsible if jobs are lost because of administration which will happen if we end up relegated. We all lose then.

It’s just absolutely draining isn’t it? How many of us have been totally unproductive at work today with this decision hanging in the background? We’re in our third consecutive relegation battle and the group who want to take us over have even less money than the club currently has. It’s hard to see any grounds for hope. If 777 falls through there’s the real prospect of administration. This fan base has really been ground into the mud over recent years.

'The rules are the rules'

Cannot stand this term, certainly in the context of this P&SR bollocks...
The problem isn't breaking the rules, it's the fact they made them up half way through the case and have admitted they will change said rules after we've been dealt with. That's where the majority of the frustration comes from. Along with City & Chelsea seemingly getting away with it.

I know it's been said already but I just don't see how they can punish us twice. We have already received a sanction for 2019 to 2022 so to use it for 22/23 has to be an abuse of process? You don't get two bites of the cherry in criminal law, why is it allowed in civil law?
Well we haven't broken any laws civil or otherwise we've broken PL rules...

What’s the point.
We had some sympathy from outsiders before today.
Don’t think we have now. This club has been run by idiots of who should be prosecuted for the negligence whilst being members of the board. They got to resign or die before they were answerable to anything.
I hope they all rot in hell.
Can’t be arsed anymore like I say what’s the point.
One of them dying hasn't altered our fate unfortunately, just removed well arrented criticism from the fat slug who's in the turf now

Sorry if already pointed out….
club statement implies the 22/23 accounts are subject to change based on the appeal. Other reports that we think our first appeal may trash the second charge. That means we aren’t just appealing the severity of the punishment; we are re-visiting the numbers and possibly disputing the previous breach in full?
Sounds right.

It’s just absolutely draining isn’t it? How many of us have been totally unproductive at work today with this decision hanging in the background? We’re in our third consecutive relegation battle and the group who want to take us over have even less money than the club currently has. It’s hard to see any grounds for hope. If 777 falls through there’s the real prospect of administration. This fan base has really been ground into the mud over recent years.

By a man who the PL allowed past the fit and proper persons test.

The two statements don't match up for me. Acknowledgement certainly does not equate agreement under my basic understanding of the word.

I just don't trust this process in the slightest.

Forest being charged for essentially building a squad to compete at this level should seem absolutely outrageous to anyone who wants to see a competitive brand of football in this country.
Forest signed 43 players! Half of whom the manager didn't want. Similar to us the owner brought in a load of players on silly wages. They deserve their charge, which is why it was so galling they were calling us cheats when we played them.

I feel more like digging in the trenches and fighting the premier league more than ever now, I know some fans have said that's it i cant take it anymore.

To me this is like, let's fight this corruption, fight for our club, make Goodison a bear pit (as for most of this season is like a library)
The whole process is rigged so the sky 6 can continue to compete, whilst everyone else just plods along, can anyone see a man city or a Liverpool conceade a goal like Burnley did the other day?

The premier league need investigating its that simple