6 + 2 Point Deductions

"The club has raised concerns about double jeopardy with the Premier League but been informed that is a matter for the independent commission that will consider the latest charge. Unlike the EFL, the Premier League has no guidelines for capping losses in years that have already been subject to a sanction."

I think that's the key here. Especially with City still nowhere near resolved and Everton suffering two points deductions: that is a massive problem for a panel to argue a case for punishing Everton twice in one season.

In short: this charge has been automatically triggered because the PL don't have a double jeopardy rule in place. An independent panel will recognise that.

As said though: the big difficulty now is player attitude to this mental pressure.

What a joke this is

Charging us for infringements over a 3 year period which includes 2 years that we've already been penalised for makes no sense whatsoever

It takes time to fix profitability in a sustainable way, the premier league are making it harder for the club to move in the right direction

It took 8 months for the 'Independent Commission' to to a decision.

There's the appeal in now which will take 'n' time and these charges should surely not be looked at until the appeal process is over.

If the appeal is successful and say they completely remove the points deduction that means this charge is completely redundant because it's based on the original charge.

Can't see us getting a points deduction. They might suspend 5 points and then take them back for breaching the rules again.

Everton should have done what Man City did and argued the toss at every turn.

Nice guys act didn't work.

I mean what choice did we have but to admit it? We have already been found, "guilty". Easy did the PL to claim we admitted it when we had literally zero choice because of the awful way this process works.

Absolutely not, but the question is surely would we be in breach if we were not building a new stadium. Because if the answer is no, then there is no possible argument of a sporting advantage.

I imagine our wage ratio is thankfully a good bit less than that now, or at least I hope so.

The key question I am asking the league is should a team investing in a new stadium, and bringing much needed investment to an area, really be subject to charges on sustainability rules?

Yes, if they spent poorly on players, played mediocre junk 6 figures per week and generally ran the club into the ground for several years with spotty decision-making and incompetent management.

The PL show is absurd and it will be over soon enough, we'll have our sentence reduced and they'll change their rules.

But the only thing "sustainable" about the Moshiri era thus far in the incomplete stadium.

This guy should never have the focus shifted from him for the way this club has been run.