6 + 2 Point Deductions

The way I see it that the club were confident of their mitigation factors the first time around. And since the deduction was only a few months ago we never got the chance to either sell more players or not buy to help this year's accounts. If we had known I doubt we would have bought all the players we did in the summer.

If you're an Everton player you're head goes down.

That's the big difficulty now.

We have to win and then hope points deducted aren;t sustained and then added to.

As a player that is a very difficult mental position to be in.
Yep, when a club gets in a death spiral there's very little that can be done.

-30 points to join the superleague is it? Let's get cracking. We're done here.

We supported you PL when the scabs tried to defect. You want us out? We're gone... but I'm [Poor language removed] if we're going to let you lot pull the lever on the noose.

Percy at Telegraph

In Everton’s case, stadium costs rather than player trading will be cited as the root cause of the overspend. The club’s net spend on players among teams has been among the lowest in the Premier League for consecutive years. Everton sold the likes of Richarlison and Anthony Gordon, but the cost of their new £550 million ground at Bramley-Moore Dock is blamed within the club for pushing them over the edge.

Allowable stadium costs have been a matter of fierce debate between Everton and the Premier League for years. When the club was hit with a 10-point deduction for the previous cycle, a major factor in the league’s case was that loans were working capital needs, which are not deductible. Everton will continue to maintain, however, that these payments should be classified as infrastructure costs and therefore excluded.

Although infrastructure costs are generally not applicable to Premier League profit and loss calculations, the competition has previously claimed associated loans at Everton could not be discounted.

So we are being judged on 4 seasons
19/20, 20/21, 21/22 and 22/23 BUT we have ALREADY had sanctions from:
19/20, 20/21 and 21/22.

So how can they get away with that? How does that make any club sustainable if you have to write off your assets every season to keep in check?

Which was going to happen when they changed the submission date to December. Theres always going to be an overlap until a full 12 months have been covered which would come into effect this year.

The way I see it that the club were confident of their mitigation factors the first time around. And since the deduction was only a few months ago we never got the chance to either sell more players or not buy to help this year's accounts. If we had known I doubt we would have bought all the players we did in the summer.

The players brought in have no effect on the 06/30/23 numbers. But we could have sold in June and helped the calculation.

I said last night: Everton fans should buy tickets for all fixtures in the PL for the rest of the season and invade the pitch.

City just waiting for the rules to change did the wise thing.