6 + 2 Point Deductions

Is just a guess tbh just think will be time off for xmas and new yr. they will take few weeks to have the case, why i think feb/march
I believe the parties have requested a verdict by the end of Feb so it doesn’t bleed into the run in but the problem is no one can dictate the time the appeal board take as that would be an abuse of process.

Yeah, still not having it. They have the same opportunities to gather points as every other club. Every single one of them knows we might get some points back. It changes nothing. Their prerogative is getting as many points as they can.
I agree mate. They should just win enough points and deal with it.

But I can see some feeling aggrieved but at most that should only realistically be one club. Even though that’s pathetic in itself. And embarrassing that you have to rely on points deductions to achieve your own goals.

Don't think you're being serious here, but if any other club did try to argue this, then the counter arguments would be quite simple:

-The points deduction put Everton in the drop zone, and briefly bottom. Surely this was a bit of a morale boost for teams at the bottom? I mean, one team got moved out of the drop zone and their prospects of staying up looked much rosier than they did before.

- Maybe we have been galvanized. Is the prospect of playing in the Championship next season not enough to galvanize the other teams down the bottom? Are they somehow not giving it their all? Or are they just not good enough? Either way, they need to keep their own house in order. it's not our problem.
Two good points, been thinking the same because you can guarantee you’ll hear these arguments that we’ve benefitted if we get some points back.

If our players have responded well to the deduction then that’s credit to them and the staff but the fact they’ve maybe turned it into a positive in their heads isn’t the same as it being in any way a positive. It could easily have killed a weaker group stone dead.

And you’re right, if it has given them “extra motivation” to beat the likes of Forest and Chelsea then instead of complaining about some perceived advantage fans of those clubs should be asking why their expensive and incredibly highly paid players couldn’t match that level of motivation.

Whether we do or don’t get points back the eventual relegated sides can have no complaint. On the pitch we are 17 points clear after 17 games- we shouldn’t even be in the relegation conversation.

I agree mate. They should just win enough points and deal with it.

But I can see some feeling aggrieved but at most that should only realistically be one club. Even though that’s pathetic in itself. And embarrassing that you have to rely on points deductions to achieve your own goals.

Fair enough mate. And for what it's worth, I do think you raise some valid points. If it drags on to the business end of the season, then it will make it even more of a shambles than it's already been. Teams could rightfully feel aggrieved that they are in a position where they don't know how many points they need to bag.

However, I think they'd find it hard to argue that they might have played different tactics in a match in February.

The Premier League posted the most recent Form league table over the last 5 games........left Everton off it!
you couldn't make it up

4g83zzs6246c1.jpg

Doing my head in this stuff.

Why would they have the right to kick off? If they want to stay up at our expense, they can do it by picking up more points than us on the pitch. If they don't. what exactly have they got to complain about?

Where exactly does it end? If we stay up by 11 points are they entitled to complain that we only got 10?

This type of thinking needs to get in the bin. They will have no grounds for complaint.
100% the only Club who's being hard done by is the Mighty Blues. UTFT

I could 100% see them go "okay, so the point deduction is a waste now and we just want to hurt them, so lets agree to reduce it on appeal to like 3 points, and the institute a transfer ban". That way they can keep the pain going for another year, especially if we managed to make europe and then dont have the squad for it.

I could 100% see them go "okay, so the point deduction is a waste now and we just want to hurt them, so lets agree to reduce it on appeal to like 3 points, and the institute a transfer ban". That way they can keep the pain going for another year, especially if we managed to make europe and then dont have the squad for it.

They wanted to relegate us and it hasn’t worked. Transfer bans etc. won’t bother us because with Dyche at the helm we’ll just keep our players and bring some kids through and will still finish mid table.

my next bet is they give us some of the points back (but not all) and try and hit us instead with a big enough fine to send us into administration.