6 + 2 Point Deductions

I get where you are coming from. On the flip side of this maybe it’s nothing to do with the points deduction. Maybe it’s finally Dyche’s plan starting to work.

Key things, DCL being back, he’s so much more than goals.
Myko finally hitting form. Great to see he’s becoming a good left back.
Doucoure almost creating a position for himself. He’s not a striker, midfielder or a number 10, but it’s currently working.
Pickford, again hitting form and keeping clean sheets.
McNeil, a player who’s frustrating but at least he gets the ball and wants to run forward with it.
To me, this is the biggest…. Braithwaite, wow the kid is unreal. I just hope whoever comes in against Burnley doesn’t drop a clanger.
I agree on Branthwaite. I do think that Tarks has played a massive role in helping this kid shine in the team. His experience know how and reliability have been a massive bonus to have alongside Jarrad. Our Central Defence though limited in numbers is like a fortress

Whilst i think we will probably get some points back in appeal, I am starting to worry about our last year accounts (22 23) which would potentially put us over the 105 losses permitted again. This would mean a further points penalty this season...I am thinking that if our mitigations for 21 22 were not accepted, then logically you would think that they wouldn't be accepted this year either meaning an extra 20 millions of losses that will have to be accounted for...
Hi, just looking at the years from 19 on wards we seem to have made a loss of 170m or there abouts. Does anyone know the losses for those years included the stadium build? If it does then we should be fine when they are released?

To be honest when we made the last loss of 400 plus million I had assumed that didn't include the stadium and that would be in different figures. However with us only being 20m over the £105 figure I can only assume the 400 plus loss included the stadium figures. Therefore fingers cross the years of 19 on wards accounts would have included the stadium?

Thanks

Whilst i think we will probably get some points back in appeal, I am starting to worry about our last year accounts (22 23) which would potentially put us over the 105 losses permitted again. This would mean a further points penalty this season...I am thinking that if our mitigations for 21 22 were not accepted, then logically you would think that they wouldn't be accepted this year either meaning an extra 20 millions of losses that will have to be accounted for...
The mindset of an Evertonian.

Go on a storming run to get ourselves out of the relegation zone.
Winning 3 tough games, conceding 0 goals and then worrying about something that hasn’t even happened.

The owners are the club. It's a business whether we like it or not. The Premier league isn't some egalitarian olympiad and to suggest it is, or even it should be, is beyond naive given the Saudis and Abu Dhabis involvement - never mind the carcinogenic American owners in the league.

We broke the rules. It's all in the report. The only issue for me is it seems harsh but that's relative and entirely unproven until others are in the Dock. In the meantime @NathDogg is acting like we're fighting a rear guard defence in downtown Gaza.
Please stop saying “we” and “we’re” you kopite WUM.

Your input into the Everton situation or anything football related isn’t valid mate, aside from being a red, you rate Neil Lennon ffs.

Instead of posting ridiculous nonsense on this Everton forum, Why aren’t you enjoying sitting on top of the corrupt PL after being airlifted into the position following some really baffling ref decisions for your side?!

Does anyone know what Chelsea’s rolling losses will be with two successive years outside the Champions League and £800m outgoings on transfer fees alone in that time? They could be in trouble.

Ok I said could.

Hi, just looking at the years from 19 on wards we seem to have made a loss of 170m or there abouts. Does anyone know the losses for those years included the stadium build? If it does then we should be fine when they are released?

To be honest when we made the last loss of 400 plus million I had assumed that didn't include the stadium and that would be in different figures. However with us only being 20m over the £105 figure I can only assume the 400 plus loss included the stadium figures. Therefore fingers cross the years of 19 on wards accounts would have included the stadium?

Thanks
My thinking is that if we lost 124.5 millions for a period of 3 years before last, I guess that we are still losing money, perhaps not as much this year but for sure last year with an excessive wage bill. That's why that unless we have lost less than 20 millions last year (after the deductables including the stadium), something that not sure it is likely, we will be in the red again. I guess we will find out very quickly as accounts should be submitted by now so not sure when and if those will be available publicly before PL review them.

So we are looking at the period from 1st July 2022 to 30th June this year in terms of what we need to be concerned about.

Most obvious way we can stay in the black is what we did in terms of transfers and wages. In terms of the amortisation cost on the accounts, we brought in the following in that period:

Onana - Approx £7m
McNeil - Approx £4m
Maupay - Approx £5m
Garner - Approx £2.5m
Gana - Approx £1m

Call it £20m in total

Plus a relatively small loan fee for Coady and Vinagre and the associated signing on fees/agents fees etc

We banked £40m for Anthony Gordon in that period, which is a clear £40m in incoming fees that go straight on the books. Plus the Moise Kean money apparently came before the end of the accounting year - his book value was about £5m when we sold him and we got about £27m for him, so that's another £22m or so in pure profit on the books

So in pure transfer fees, we are going to have been over £40m in the black for the accounting year in question, unless i'm missing anyone

I'm not sure how the wage costs would have worked out, but we got the wages of Tosun, Delph, Allan, Richarlison, Gomes (loan to Lille) and Dele (loan to Besiktas) off the books vs the previous year

Everyone is right to worry, but on the face of it I think the club were planning for this with the Gordon and Kean deals

Does anyone know what Chelsea’s rolling losses will be with two successive years outside the Champions League and £800m outgoings on transfer fees alone in that time? They could be in trouble.

Ok I said could.
I inputted all the values and calculated all numbers across the variables, and its...

A lot...

The mindset of an Evertonian.

Go on a storming run to get ourselves out of the relegation zone.
Winning 3 tough games, conceding 0 goals and then worrying about something that hasn’t even happened.
Difficult not to worry when you know that you can be in trouble again...that run might be useless if we end up with another points penalty. It would be great if the club that at this stage should know if we are over the 105 millions shows a bit more transparency for once and tells us the fans the latest accounts submitted to the PL

So we are looking at the period from 1st July 2022 to 30th June this year in terms of what we need to be concerned about.

Most obvious way we can stay in the black is what we did in terms of transfers and wages. In terms of the amortisation cost on the accounts, we brought in the following in that period:

Onana - Approx £7m
McNeil - Approx £4m
Maupay - Approx £5m
Garner - Approx £2.5m
Gana - Approx £1m

Call it £20m in total

Plus a relatively small loan fee for Coady and Vinagre and the associated signing on fees/agents fees etc

We banked £40m for Anthony Gordon in that period, which is a clear £40m in incoming fees that go straight on the books. Plus the Moise Kean money apparently came before the end of the accounting year - his book value was about £5m when we sold him and we got about £27m for him, so that's another £22m or so in pure profit on the books

So in pure transfer fees, we are going to have been over £40m in the black for the accounting year in question, unless i'm missing anyone

I'm not sure how the wage costs would have worked out, but we got the wages of Tosun, Delph, Allan, Richarlison, Gomes (loan to Lille) and Dele (loan to Besiktas) off the books vs the previous year

Everyone is right to worry, but on the face of it I think the club were planning for this with the Gordon and Kean deals
We were still paying most of gomes and dele wages though...

Difficult not to worry when you know that you can be in trouble again...that run might be useless if we end up with another points penalty. It would be great if the club that at this stage should know if we are over the 105 millions shows a bit more transparency for once and tells us the fans the latest accounts submitted to the PL

You got knowledge of us overspending again then ? If so please show your working out.

As others have said we have sold Richarlison and Gordon without any spend along with others such as Ellis Simms to ensure there wouldn’t be a repeat.

So if there is any evidence that we have broke the rules again please state them