6 + 2 Point Deductions

TBF, that Burnley and Sheff Utd pathetically failed to grasp their chances today sort of underlines they won't be getting out of this. But Luton - even before this win today - we're obviously getting a feel for this league and they will be a tough team to pull back even 5 points from now.
Got to admire Luton, but honestly don't think they have the squad and will run out of steam

Are we down Dave?

Say the words.

He's right on this point, and I don't often agree. Hardly ever in fact lol

There's a huge difference between saying we are doomed and pointing out the obvious fact that a 10 point deduction makes staying up an enormous challenge and about 10 times harder than it was going to be.

We were never going down without a deduction. But finishing 10 points above 18th usually means comfortable mid table finishes - could be close to 10th some seasons !! Are we a comfortable mid table side - I'm not sure.

This is a ENORMOUS punishment and it is an ENORMOUS challenge to stay up. One we are capable of achieving, but it's going to go to the wire. Unfortunately. And can we all stomach another spring like last year? Again, I don't know. Ordinarily I'd have said no, but maybe the sense of injustice means we will be able to go to the well again.

We don't know how this will effect our players

We know it will give an enormous boost to the other awful sides at the bottom as one of them can now easily stay up on well below the magic 40 mark.

We need to fight this appeal as strongly as we can because - 10 points is astronomical for a team who have won 75 points over the last 2 seasons.

I'm on squash training camp Taxi duty all day tomorrow, it finishes at 4 in Leicester then dropping the squad back home, so gonna miss all build up and first half I reckon😱 Family first I guess.

On such an important date and period in our history, wanna see and experience and support it all the way, will be there in spirit fellow Toffees.

Let's Ave at it.

UTFT

B'mouth won't be caught by us. Burnley and Sheff Utd are down. The struggle is between Everton and Luton for the last spot. They have a 5 point gap and I don't see them as being dramatically worse than us over the past 5 weeks or so.

You posted on here last season that Bournemouth were guarenteed relegated as they slipped down the table. I put £50 on it. Ive lost confidence in you david.

This
20231125_002421.jpg

I agree that we have a tough task if the 10 points sticks. If we are out of the bottom 3 by the end of the year I think we will probably stay up but if we fail to pick up points during this tough run and are rooted in that three I'd worry for us. I do think we are a better side than 5 or so clubs but you can't ignore how much 10 points can dent a clubs ambition between comfortably safe and teetering on the brink. Bournemouth are picking up points after a really rubbish start and have created a gap now. Luton also are tenacious and will battle for every point. I think there will be a lot of Everton fans getting Dyche tattoos if he achieves safety.