6 + 2 Point Deductions

IMG_6140.jpeg

Oh wow, so, the league created a secret sanction policy for Everton 5 months after they referred them to the commission... didnt tell Everton about it, then told the commission this was their sanction policy. But it only applies to Everton, so they dont need to do any for Man City or Chelsea etc. The commission then punished them EXACTLY on that policy. Thats an absolute bombshell and thats a way to appeal. From the Athletic Article at Athletic-Everton Appeal:

"The commission heard how, on August 10 this year, five months after Everton’s case had been referred, league officials put forward what was described in the report as a “sanction policy”...

According to evidence supplied by its chief executive Richard Masters, the league proposed “a fixed starting point of a deduction of six points, with an increase from that starting point of one point for every £5million...

Crucially, they still reached the same conclusion as the league: a 10-point penalty for an overspend of £19.5million, with their adjudication summarised in the final two pages of the report. None of this is likely to have been lost on Everton’s lawyers...

The Athletic has since been told the aforementioned sanction framework was only meant to be used for Everton’s case. It is understood no such league-wide sanction policy is in the pipeline at the moment and that such a change would need to be communicated to clubs formally and via the handbook. Everton were unaware of the league’s recommendation both at the time of their referral and approaching the pre-trial review in early October.
"
this ‘independent’ commission wasn’t and certainly isn‘t ’independent’.….

errrrr, who appointed this ‘independent’ panel in the first place?

Fuming about that you know.

If this is true, they have some serious explaining to do

I believe it’s because @chicoazul keeps calling them “ Notts Forest” and they are mightily offended , if he keeps it up we’re going to have Nottingham County trying to get compo too.
I’m writing a preview for this very website next week for our game against them. Can you imagine how many times I’m gonna get “Notts Forest” in one preview?

The sheer volume of flaws in how they've come to their judgement continues to surprise me. I knew there'd be subjectivity we could argue, but there are so many glaring errors that it's almost laughable.

Just a total and utter nonsense from start to finish by an organisation desperate to give the impression of authority to stave away the threat of an actual independent regulator. Tried to use us as a scapegoat and they've made a dogs dinner of it.

I just hope we have the proper, robust legal representation in place so that its made clear beyond any doubt that the whole thing simply does not stack up, for countless reasons.

I actually think they’ve inadvertently assured the very thing they never wanted.

Yep, hence seeing it as an impression of authority, as opposed to actual authority. This hasn't just been terribly handled, it's an absolute nonsense from start to finish and have also opened a huge legal can of worms in the process.

A total and utter mess all round all brought on by themselves. Actually impressive levels of incompetence.

It’s going to be very interesting, after the Utd game, to see when the Everton YouTube channel puts out it excellent behind the scenes/tunnel access video, what they are prepared to show reference the protests.

You would think that the editorial/narrative would be guided by the PR department, which in turn would be guided by the leadership.

I wonder whether the crowd footage will reference the protests/banners. It’ll be interesting to see how much they show.