6 + 2 Point Deductions

Honestly because of how insane 10 points is I can see it being reduced because surely common sense has to prevail with another set of regulators?

It’s a weird paragraph in our statement. The PL could not have made an accusation about us not cooperating with the independent commission’s process as the process hadn’t started.

I like that the commissions report has been published in full. It shows we are as disorganised as we all knew we were, but it clearly shows to everyone that some of the decisions made within it just disregard very reasonable mitigations and explanations.

Problem is 99% of the Sky/mainstream reporters haven’t looked at it at all. Barely a mention of no sporting advantage, no deliberate breach of the limits, changing of rules on the treatment of loan interest etc etc. Other clubs fans rightly hear the headline and think we’ve got what we deserved. Anyone who reads the report can see it’s laughable.
absolutely. where are the sky talking heads advocating for us and analysing the charges and proposed sanction? as you say - just little old Everton. Tomorrows chip wrappers. 'Big' scab 6 and they'd have expungement of any penalty and an apology with resignations from the committee by now.

So we fell short by 6.5 million a season over the three seasons. Now that's a lot of money for an individual, normal person. But in premier league terms it's absolutely f all. How much do the RS, city, Chelsea, utd and now probably Newcastle spend on agents fees?? It's an absolute drop in the ocean.
And, let's face it, the limit of 105m a season is an arbitrary figure, which might as well be 95m or 115m. We're essentially being done on a technicality.

That's fine - but the Premier League cannot then say to Everton that we are hitting you with a 10-point penalty because you have failed to sell a player who we suspended because we have a duty of care. Where is the mitigation? You can blame Everton for a lot of things, but you cannot use a case that effectively put them over the spending limit as the stick to beat them with when they carried out their duty of care.

I'm all for Everton being held accountable. But I'm not for Everton bending over and passing back the lube.
Sigurdsson didn't put us over the limit though.

For there to be any kind of legitimacy, we would have had to show that we had agreed on a sale for the player, that he was willing to leave, and that the FA had acted disproportionately. We were unfortunate but bad luck doesn't mitigate breaking the rules.

Nobody will ever break the mould now. There’s too many stipulations. I think the Super League will still go ahead in the future. I wanted it to happen when it was announced. I would have just relegated them all and promoted 6 teams from the championship and so on and so on. It was a perfect opportunity to rebrand.

The Premier League is awful. How can teams try and compete. The fact is, you can’t. Even Wolves tried it, they failed. Villa will fail. It’s all about that top 6. Nothing else matters.
Yeah I sometimes think it would've been better for them to go rather than have them stay and turn the PL into the cesspool it's become. The only way to even try to bridge the gap is to up your revenue so there's no surprise that they are coming so hard for the club with the temerity to try to do so with a new world class stadium.

Denise Barrett-Baxendale - CEO
Grant Ingles - Chief Finance and Strategy Officer
Graeme Sharp - Non-Executive Director

These people made an absolute mess of our team and were allowed to resign instead of being fired. Gutless ownership.

Bill Kenwright - Chairman
Farhad Moshiri - Owner

As for the gutless ownership - these two people are an abject disgrace in the history of this club. They are responsible for EVERYTHING that is happening right now. The anger...

And we now are dead-last and have to put our fate into the hands of Sean Dyche who got us 1 point from Fulham, Wolves, Luton, and Sheffield....

Sigurdsson didn't put us over the limit though.

For there to be any kind of legitimacy, we would have had to show that we had agreed on a sale for the player, that he was willing to leave, and that the FA had acted disproportionately. We were unfortunate but bad luck doesn't mitigate breaking the rules.
We couldn't have sold Sigurdsson even if we wanted to. There is every likelihood we would have recouped half of his transfer fee had we sold him - 20m. That would have wiped out the 19.5 we are supposed to have been over by.

Given that he was suspended, it would have been impossible to agree a fee with another club. This should have been taken into account. We should have been praised for enacting our duty of care to young players and others. Instead, we were persecuted mercilessly.

Fair-minded people see this for what it is. A badly-run club being persecuted conveniently to provide cover for other agendas.

Its a farce and i cant believe i still have this debate with some people at times that they think its for the good of the majority.
The real reason is very sinister.
I think more and more fans of other clubs are twigging about this now. Some find our plight hilarious but from what I see online I think a lot of fans of non big six clubs see today for exactly what it is and know that the next team they come for won't be City or Chelsea but it could be theirs.