6 + 2 Point Deductions

Hi just read in Echo fan piece that we DIDN’T use silk at second hearing?!?! Is that true?

I really hope not … 😳
It honestly doesn’t matter who we use, he failed to get any of the obvious mitigation through at the appeal as well so he was a very, very well paid lawyer arguing our case and getting nowhere except to prove that the club was incompetent rather than devious. The club then rejoiced in its incompetence.
There is seemingly no logic to any of these processes and each “independent” commission will interpret everything differently to another, it seems pointless to throw even more money away on a “super silk” when the commission is just going to do whatever it wants regardless

It honestly doesn’t matter who we use, he failed to get any of the obvious mitigation through at the appeal as well so he was a very, very well paid lawyer arguing our case and getting nowhere except to prove that the club was incompetent rather than devious. The club then rejoiced in its incompetence.
There is seemingly no logic to any of these processes and each “independent” commission will interpret everything differently to another, it seems pointless to throw even more money away on a “super silk” when the commission is just going to do whatever it wants regardless
Fair point mate, can’t argue with that.

I think I’m just worried about how capable we are presenting a case at second hearing after reading about our shambolic efforts first time around… I.e. moshiri ‘we had no midfield’ spouting guff at first hearing etc.

Fair point mate, can’t argue with that.

I think I’m just worried about how capable we are presenting a case at second hearing after reading about our shambolic efforts first time around… I.e. moshiri ‘we had no midfield’ spouting guff at first hearing etc.
Would expect a better case this time thye made a mess out of the first case, is why i think he was screwed over in the appeal.whole process is still a mess but you would like to think an real legal team can get over the line

I hope they refer to Forest every chance they get, and use them to show our case is a much lighter breach.
Yeah that and using points from the appeal showing what has been covered by both casesThe trend, -2 for good behaviour ect, just have to go all out this time in the case i still find it crazy that nobody is even talking about the fact they started with -10

To me more interesting than any actually deduction will be the Club's reaction to it - will they once again be satisfied to have been bummed by a corrupt organisation, or will they fight the case? IMO unless there is no deduction the Club should be escalating this through as many courts as possible as quickly as possible.

I think that is fair.
My own feeling is that we won't get a points deduction this time ,largely because of the double jeopardy argument.

However, we could all have a better idea of what will happen if we knew the numbers on the last set of accounts.
If the losses are large we may be in trouble but if our losses have greatly reduced then it is clear we have addressed the problems should not be punished twice for historic mistakes.

But, as everyone points out, the panels involved in each issue seem to be not taking precedence into account.

I wonder what the PL are recommending this time?

I think that is fair.
My own feeling is that we won't get a points deduction this time ,largely because of the double jeopardy argument.

However, we could all have a better idea of what will happen if we knew the numbers on the last set of accounts.
If the losses are large we may be in trouble but if our losses have greatly reduced then it is clear we have addressed the problems should not be punished twice for historic mistakes.

But, as everyone points out, the panels involved in each issue seem to be not taking precedence into account.

I wonder what the PL are recommending this time?
I still think we get one for a breach but has to be cut down but could happen say is -3 good behaviour -2 and covered. Then double jeopardy -1

Hi just read in Echo fan piece that we DIDN’T use silk at second hearing?!?! Is that true?

I really hope not … 😳
You'd assume a scheduling issue would be the most likely situation, he's going to be booked up months in advance a lot of the time. He could easily have laid out a plan for them to follow, even if he can't be at the hearing himself

Yeah that and using points from the appeal showing what has been covered by both casesThe trend, -2 for good behaviour ect, just have to go all out this time in the case i still find it crazy that nobody is even talking about the fact they started with -10
Best not to focus on the trend