New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes probably. I suppose it's a broader point to state that it doesn't automatically means this project goes hundreds of millions over budget. I don't think building work was really due until late autumn, and it will be very preliminary initially. Contractors will have to get smarter though, no doubt about that.

I am not massively optimistic about the ground, If it was a conventional business case, it would probably be pulled.

I must admit I’ve been up and down with optimism about it but there are reasons it can go either way , it will be built if the owners want to splash out on it as show of investment as FFP doesn’t count but a huge recession coming doesn’t make it a good business case especially if high unemployment comes locally and spending power Is reduced both from a local fan base and commercially from businesses looking to cut meat off the bone regards sponsorship and hospitality.

Then there was the likelihood of increased ticket prices across the board to make the business case for it , money gets tight then it’s going to affect attendances undoubtedly as fans will pick and choose or realise they can’t take there kids or even themselves . Will be interesting to see the next stage of consultation that we were told was coming soon regarding ticket prices etc .

I would not be surprised if after PP Is gained which I think is a formality then a short postponement may be announced just to see the impact economically both local and nationally as we as a club do not want to start the project and then run into severe financial difficulties due to falling attendances , falling sponsorships and then either a stagnant or drop in revenue from tv , any of this was not really expected two months ago but it’s something that needs serious consideration
in these times . The pandemic may be over within the year but the knock on consequences are here for years if a postponement happens I would hope as fanbase we will be a bit more understanding rather than call it out another kings dock let down

The moment construction begins the countdown to leave Goodison Park is on. Id want to savour every moment there, it would be really rough on the fans if a whole season we weren't allowed to go to there.

If next season is behind closed doors, that's another season missed at Goodison :oops:

If Everton hadn't have wasted a year getting involved in Joe Andersons doomed CWG bid, BMD construction might've been well underway by now.

Worth pointing out we were unable to get a single contractor to bid to build our stadium on fixed-price terms, and that's because many had already been burnt on other projects. You mention Wembley - that was a fixed-price contract and it almost killed off its contractor Multiplex. Laing O'Rourke who will be building your new place were burnt when they did the Millennium Stadium on those terms, so they won't want a repeat.

Maybe the aftermath of covid-19, or the relative simplicity of your design, will make it a bit more likely. From what I understand though, it's not something you see much with big stadium builds anymore.

The likelihood will be post Covid 19 though, that wages and commodities drop. I don't knwo the details that have been negotiated, though don't suspect sosts will go up massively in this climate, but more that borrowing will.

The likelihood will be post Covid 19 though, that wages and commodities drop. I don't knwo the details that have been negotiated, though don't suspect sosts will go up massively in this climate, but more that borrowing will.

In the grand scheme of things, there is very little chance that the price of the stadium will remain below, or in fact close to £500m. I would predict it to rise by at least another 20% if we're lucky. Whether the amount goes up more, or less due to the pandemic is anybody's guess, but it will go up.

Or, option C, Durban doesn't hand back 2022, Liverpool continues to pursue 2026 (as originally planned), and the club is working to that timetable instead. :coffee:
Then the architects plans need ripping up because they are not for a CWG arena , it may have been what possibly attracted moshiri to Everton in the first place a subsidised stadium ala City and West Ham but think that boat has well sailed

Just a quick one to cheer us up and wind up the RS customers.
The 3D Cross-section model of our brand new shiny stadium.FTRS
A7A785CF-9F81-4025-BB26-1CD4CD7D6192.jpeg