New Everton Stadium Discussion

You can stick your head in the sand and deny it all you want.....But the reality is that the stadium is a massive problem to the short-term future of the team/club. Arsenal and Spurs had to go through windows of not spending, and they had Champions League football and the income that brings. Anyone that thinks that the stadium won’t have any bearing on our ability in the transfer market is living in cuckoo land. Of course it will. The squad is a mess and needs a lot of money spent on it and the purse strings will be severely tightened. It really is going to be hard times until it’s built. Or do you think we can spend 100s of millions over the next 3 or 4 years and STILL get a shiny new stadium? If you think that, I’ll have some of what you’re having.
IMO, if we go ahead with the Stadium, and I hope we do, we’re going to have to get used to being a bottom half club for a while.

Seriously, given how we have pissed £400 million up against the wall, I have no problem being far more frugal in the transfer market. In fact, I wish we had spent far less on players and put more away for BMD since Moshiri came to town.

I'm failing to understand why we can't build stand by stand. Moyes said it's possible and was looked into when he was there.
Keep 3 stands open during game time for a season or two

I think there is something saying you can't have a 3 sided ground. Only due to construction can thta be the case. You can't plan to develop over time in that way.

Seriously, given how we have pissed £400 million up against the wall, I have no problem being far more frugal in the transfer market. In fact, I wish we had spent far less on players and put more away for BMD since Moshiri came to town.

Seriously? You wish we wouldn’t have spent that money? That’s just hindsight and revisionism. We’ve had probably our best chance of barging our way into the top 4 or 5 by wasting that money, we’re not gonna get the chance to spend like that for a good few more years.
The money was pee’d up against the wall whilst the Stadium was pretty much in its infancy, its gaining more traction now and with that, planning permission and financing are next up. the ‘400m’ we’ve spent has been spent mostly on tosh and prices today have spiralled out of control. Given what we have and what we need, plus the means of the clubs we’re competing with seemingly having a head start on us, purely because of the Stadium costs. Frugality in the transfer market is the last thing we need, which is why I think the Stadium is going to see us struggle on the pitch for a number of years.

I'm failing to understand why we can't build stand by stand. Moyes said it's possible and was looked into when he was there.

Dont recall Moyes being an engineer?

Lots of reasons it cant be rebuilt, the main 1 being kicking people out their homes.

Why the hell would be keep a 100+ year building anyway.

where would the heavy machinery go for building stand by stand ? There isn’t enough space to build new stands apart from the park end so we will have to play elsewhere during that period

with the amount of disruption to local residents who still live around there how will it ever get approved without a challenge to the council or even court.

Also and most importantly is it financially viable to rebuild Goodison so you would get more bang for your buck building from scratch elsewhere with out the complicating factors

@Bryan. Where do you disagree with what I’ve said? All very well giving me the finger, but tell me where you disagree, if at all. Theres a lot to be negative about at the moment and the only positive thing on the horizon is the Stadium. I understand people don’t like negativity surrounding it but are we just blindly gonna go into it without all the relevant concerns it will bring? The next management appointment could be one of the biggest decisions we will ever make. Get it wrong and I really do fear for what the future might bring. The stadium for me, at this very moment, is a noose around our neck. Of course, that could change if we bring the right man in.
I don’t think anyone thought we would be so bad this season, so them fears, although they were there, weren’t really of utmost concern. They are now.

@Bryan. Where do you disagree with what I’ve said? All very well giving me the finger, but tell me where you disagree, if at all. Theres a lot to be negative about at the moment and the only positive thing on the horizon is the Stadium. I understand people don’t like negativity surrounding it but are we just blindly gonna go into it without all the relevant concerns it will bring? The next management appointment could be one of the biggest decisions we will ever make. Get it wrong and I really do fear for what the future might bring. The stadium for me, at this very moment, is a noose around our neck. Of course, that could change if we bring the right man in.
I don’t think anyone thought we would be so bad this season, so them fears, although they were there, weren’t really of utmost concern. They are now.
There really is no either /or.
ln order to continue investing in the playing side of the game we desperately need to generate more income, and a modern multi use stadium is integral to our future ability to compete.
Without it our malaise will only deepen.

There really is no either /or.
ln order to continue investing in the playing side of the game we desperately need to generate more income, and a modern multi use stadium is integral to our future ability to compete.
Without it our malaise will only deepen.

I get that. Obviously, we need the stadium to enable us to compete and for our long term future. It’s the short term that concerns me greatly. with it, our malaise will deepen. Without it on the horizon, we could spend to lift us out of the malaise, with it, the purse strings will be tightened and the malaise will only deepen. We’re in for an extremely bumpy ride over the next 3-5 years.

You should take a walk round the stadium next time you're in the area, then you'll likely understand how difficult that would be.

Dont recall Moyes being an engineer?

Lots of reasons it cant be rebuilt, the main 1 being kicking people out their homes.

Why the hell would be keep a 100+ year building anyway.
where would the heavy machinery go for building stand by stand ? There isn’t enough space to build new stands apart from the park end so we will have to play elsewhere during that period

with the amount of disruption to local residents who still live around there how will it ever get approved without a challenge to the council or even court.

Also and most importantly is it financially viable to rebuild Goodison so you would get more bang for your buck building from scratch elsewhere with out the complicating factors
Grounds hate for a season and yes it is financially viable considering they are looking at over 120m for the foundations alone at bmd

I get that. Obviously, we need the stadium to enable us to compete and for our long term future. It’s the short term that concerns me greatly. with it, our malaise will deepen. Without it on the horizon, we could spend to lift us out of the malaise, with it, the purse strings will be tightened and the malaise will only deepen. We’re in for an extremely bumpy ride over the next 3-5 years.
But we can’t keep spending , thereby exceeding our income, even in the short term.
We have to try to increase our income and improve our team in unison.