New Everton Stadium Discussion

....I notice the ‘turret openings’ feature on the virtual presentation, but I expect they are too narrow to accommodate a match day crowd and vehicles needing to get alongside the stadium. Those turrets are magnificent and are reminiscent of the Prince Rupert Tower. I wonder if one can be used as a feature on the concourse;

View attachment 64909

Will have to do some thing about those gates, not at all the thing for our club better at the RS shed.

Any ideas how this design could allow the capacity to be increased by 20%, up to 62,000? I can’t see that ever being an option. Doesn’t look very expandable.

Not that I’m fussed about that. Still love the design.

Looks way better than that brick and glass monstority presented last month. @Jacko93

Thumbs up from me on this design. The "Everton" is getting dropped from it too. Thank goodness.

That's an early study rendering, so wouldn't have bothered with rendering any materials to great depth. The Everton Lettering will likely just be a material mapped within the environment anyway. I do agree though, I prefer it without the large Everton font.

Any ideas how this design could allow the capacity to be increased by 20%, up to 62,000? I can’t see that ever being an option. Doesn’t look very expandable.

Not that I’m fussed about that. Still love the design.

If Safe Standing becomes legal it will allow for more people to occupy the same amount of space on the terraces so I think they mean that.

You think brickwork is going to placate any local, national or international objection to a stadium there?

It's not what the thing looks like, it's what it's function is that will be the decider.
Dave the stadium has 4 functions.
In 4th position; It will hopefully kickstart more development for Peel.
In 3rd position, by a short head; A place for us to play football.
In 2nd position, by 2 lengths; Moshiri will make a mint in the sell on
In 1st position, by a neck; It will be a more acceptable vista than the sewage farm and will provide a visual and actual wind break between the posh developments and the sewage farm.

I honeslty dont think foreboding is what we want to project. We should be futuristic, not tipping hats toward Victorian Britain.

The idea of the Leitch criss crosswork on the brick just underlined how awful the sidewalls of the stadium looked. No problem with the roof...which I think is Meis' creation.

If that's the case, let Meis design the whole thing.
When all said and done Leitch's criss crosses, however 'iconic' we might think they maybe, are only bog standard engineering girder bracing.
If you shown pic is even half accurate there'll be any gods amount of 'kin criss crosses all over the roof

To be honest I'm not, i was for 24 hours after i seen it, but in reality, its just a new ground, its a cup win we need, that's all that really matters right now, how embarrassing would it be to move there in 4 years time having won nothing for over 20 years
A tiny ground that matches the clubs tiny ambition

When all said and done Leitch's criss crosses, however 'iconic' we might think they maybe, are only bog standard engineering girder bracing.
If you shown pic is even half accurate there'll be any gods amount of 'kin criss crosses all over the roof

Where the original Leitch crosses for engineering or just for aesthetic reasons?

To be honest I'm not, i was for 24 hours after i seen it, but in reality, its just a new ground, its a cup win we need, that's all that really matters right now, how embarrassing would it be to move there in 4 years time having won nothing for over 20 years

Tons of clubs have nothing for over 20 years. There's clubs who have won nothing for far longer.

Maybe the engineers here can explain why the north facing stand doesn't go straight at the rear of the upper tier? They have lost a couple of thousand seats there.

Still, I think the overall design is excellent.
I thought the same, there should be room to expand there and add a few thousand to the capacity.