New Everton Stadium Discussion

Nope. Likely to hold up planning will be Heritage England. The site as we know is grade listed, so it all depends on the results of condition surveys etc and whether items of interest can or should be retained / removed / reused and whether the procedure is deemed acceptable. Then there's the council, who probably like a bunch of other places at the minute will have reduced / restricted resource to cope with the paperwork that lands at their feet. But planning doesnt need to be submitted until end of July / August.

no it’s not

the dock wall and pump house are the only protected areas on the site

What makes you think they haven't even started the process?

Dont know mate - just sure I had read that any updates on the application gets updated on the portal for the general public to scour over.

Just doesnt seem to be any noise or even potential opposition voices to it.

Dont know mate - just sure I had read that any updates on the application gets updated on the portal for the general public to scour over.

Just doesnt seem to be any noise or even potential opposition voices to it.

Covid must affect the council somehow.

When we put the application in it was said we were expecting a decision within 16 weeks, which would’ve been April 13th, only 3 weeks after the nationwide lockdown.

Thats whats baffled me - I get the virus will have slowed things right down but all the talk was a decision by end of spring but its very quiet.

I wonder if the club could do something to push them a bit? Isn't there a way for organisations to do that if PP goes beyond a certain period?

Might be a bit politically uncorrect with this going on but im tired of Everton being the nice guys all the time- the longer it takes the longer it slows the clubs progression down and thus losing us potential increased revenue.

Thats whats baffled me - I get the virus will have slowed things right down but all the talk was a decision by end of spring but its very quiet.

I wonder if the club could do something to push them a bit? Isn't there a way for organisations to do that if PP goes beyond a certain period?

Might be a bit politically uncorrect with this going on but im tired of Everton being the nice guys all the time- the longer it takes the longer it slows the clubs progression down and thus losing us potential increased revenue.
I’m sure someone put in here that if a decision was not made by June 3rd the council would have to give a reason why.

Think it was one of the Spurs fans posted it.