New Everton Stadium Discussion

I would like to see the previous statues to remain at Goodison to continue the history and tradition of the legends of a iconic stadium.

I would definitely incorporated Goodison Park with the new stadium

We could name the 4 Stands
The Dixie Dean Stand
The Holy Trinity End
Kendall Stand
Goodison Wall
View attachment 82301
I would hazard a guess that Billy Liar will have it in writing somewhere that one of the stands ends up being named after him.

I like the idea of naming stands, officially or unofficially, based on their location. There are many iconic locations around the stadium that the stands could be named after (Except the end that is next to the sewerage plant, obviously!).
well I have a plan. We can orientate the stadium so that's where the away fans go, Uzzy and Mosh can buy the sewage works, paint it red, then the away fans section can be officially called the Redshlte end.

Howard Kendall was part of the Holy Trinity so that would mean he’d be getting two stands named after him.

Personally, I don’t like stands being named after people.
So we'll have...
The Sewage Farm End
The Regents Rd End
The New Posh Development Coming Here Soon End.
The Riverside End

BPB is getting his name on one - nailed on... in both senses

Hope there is a boys pen somewhere in the ground. Miss those days of gangs of kids asking were you are from, then trying to rob you and if you had nothing getting a punch. Then as you got a bit older maybe 7 or 8 doing the same to the new younger kids. Great initiation ceremony. Prepared you for the trials and tribulations of being an Everton supporter for the rest of your life

The ends are currently referred as North, South, East, West. I can see the club keeping these and naming areas of the stadium and land or features, such as the corporate sections or fanzone areas after a piece of history. As the stadium is a bowl which you can pretty much walk around internally as opposed to separate stands, I guess it makes it difficult to say specifically "this is the ... stand" like we can now with Goodison.

Personally I'd go with 2 sections of the stadium named after geographical features, e.g. Riverside, dockside, city side, Regent Road etc for the corporate and away sides and 2 sections after notable historic figures, e.g. Dixie Dean, Howard Kendall / Holy Trinity for behind the goals.

Onside,Offside, Near side, Far side, Downside, Upside, Backside, Topside, Silverside, Brookside, Ironside etc.

Forgot Bogside (yes, I am a bit stir crazy).

Last edited: