New Everton Stadium Discussion

He doesn’t seem to have it, Kith.

This is the lowest ebb I can remember us being at.

Up until little over two years ago we all thought a bit of serious dough coming into the club would have transformed us.

Not overnight or owt like that.

But by this stage we were expecting to be showing signs of getting back up there among the elite.

But we are not even standing still.

We are visibly going backwards as the elite gallop on over the hill and far away.

And we are stuck with Moshiri who seems to be caught in the headlight’s glare......interested only in protecting his investment by merely surviving in the EPL and trusting in Sam to keep us there.

To this end Sam will be here come August.......of that I have little doubt.

its because we are seemingly on the cusp of something great....

but, no, no we aren't really, its just an oasis in the desert.

Looks good. It holds 70,000 so it's no where as big as Old Trafford, but certainly big enough for us at this stage.
It's a giant brick barn in the middle of nothing outside of friggin Indianapolis. Heck, no. I've said it once, I'll say it again, there is no way this thing should be a template for anything. Meis has already designed several NFL stadiums and THEY ALL look better than this one.

You are right. A whole generation of supporters who have not witnessed us at the top and don't know better, and don't want better really.
When does this change though?

How have you come to that conclusion?

When I first started going to Goodison, we had Mitch Ward, Danny Williamson and John Oster playing for us. We'd regularly finish between 14th-17th, would have the fear of relegation hanging over us and little money to spend.

We now have Walcott, Sigurdsson and Rooney having spent £20m and £45m on the first two, and in a poor season are 9th with no threat of being relegated.

I'd argue that those of us who have seen little to no success, probably just have some perspective. We now have a chance to get ourselves back in to the elite, with our financial situation having changed, but we haven't done anywhere near enough at this moment in time. Doesn't mean we don't want better, just that we may as well be realistic rather than deluded about how we will perform until we make better decisions as a club.

When I first started going to Goodison, we had Mitch Ward, Danny Williamson and John Oster playing for us. We'd regularly finish between 14th-17th, would have the fear of relegation hanging over us and little money to spend.

We now have Walcott, Sigurdsson and Rooney having spent £20m and £45m on the first two, and in a poor season are 9th with no threat of being relegated.

I'd argue that those of us who have seen little to no success, probably just have some perspective. We now have a chance to get ourselves back in to the elite, with our financial situation having changed, but we haven't done anywhere near enough at this moment in time. Doesn't mean we don't want better, just that we may as well be realistic rather than deluded about how we will perform until we make better decisions as a club.
From memory mate I remember the conversation earlier in the day being about the majority of supporters not putting any pressure on the Board and Managers for decades, and taking it as our place to be a small club.

I started following Everton in 1983 as a 12 year old when we were probably the best team in Europe. 30 years later I still can’t understand how one person could clap Bill Kenwright. He should’ve been thrown out so long ago. I doubt you’ll find supporters my age and older disagreeing. We demand NSNO.

Younger supporters take our mid table status as out lot. Don’t know any better and don’t demand more.

From memory mate I remember the conversation earlier in the day being about the majority of supporters not putting any pressure on the Board and Managers for decades, and taking it as our place to be a small club.

I started following Everton in 1983 as a 12 year old when we were probably the best team in Europe. 30 years later I still can’t understand how one person could clap Bill Kenwright. He should’ve been thrown out so long ago. I doubt you’ll find supporters my age and older disagreeing. We demand NSNO.

Younger supporters take our mid table status as out lot. Don’t know any better and don’t demand more.
I never quite understand what people mean when they say he should be thrown out.. by who ?
Who was going to come in and take over the club when it was at it's worst.
We appear to have been lucky to get Moshiri(ironically brought in by Kenwright) and even he has far from unlimited wealth and we are still uncertain about what his eventual aim for the club is.

I have been following since 1970.

Making more demands isn't necessarily a sign of greater ambition; it can just mean you're less realistic.

I mean I could demand we go out and buy out Messi, Ronaldo and Modric this summer and then decry anyway who questions me for their lack of ambition...

I never quite understand what people mean when they say he should be thrown out.. by who ?
Who was going to come in and take over the club when it was at it's worst.
We appear to have been lucky to get Moshiri(ironically brought in by Kenwright) and even he has far from unlimited wealth and we are still uncertain about what his eventual aim for the club is.

I have been following since 1970.
Do you applaud when you see him on screen mate?

Eurgh. Make it stop.

Making more demands isn't necessarily a sign of greater ambition; it can just mean you're less realistic.

I mean I could demand we go out and buy out Messi, Ronaldo and Modric this summer and then decry anyway who questions me for their lack of ambition...
You feel the Everton Board has shown any ambition since Kenwright cane into he club? Any? He warrants applause and respect?

Let’s stick to the stadium in here though everyone.

What can we 'demand' though?

It's not like we've got an owner who won't put a penny in or anything and we want to make him sell up is it? We've splashed the cash but done it badly, what good will kicking off about it do? Me 'demanding' more won't make Davy Klaassen a £25m player, and me stomping my feet and booing every time I don't like something won't remove the invisible concrete from Michael Keane's boots.

The idea that people who don't take pitchforks to the game are somehow responsible for the fact we don't win trophies is hilarious and offensive in equal measure.

What can we 'demand' though?

It's not like we've got an owner who won't put a penny in or anything and we want to make him sell up is it? We've splashed the cash but done it badly, what good will kicking off about it do? Me 'demanding' more won't make Davy Klaassen a £25m player, and me stomping my feet and booing every time I don't like something won't remove the invisible concrete from Michael Keane's boots.

The idea that people who don't take pitchforks to the game are somehow responsible for the fact we don't win trophies is hilarious and offensive in equal measure.
Talking Kenwright over the years. Not now.

Let’s stick to the stadium in here though.

Do you applaud when you see him on screen mate?
I don't applaud anybody when I look at a screen , I don't see Bill Kenwright as the devil that some do.... but everybody is entitled to their opinion and that just happens to be mine.
I have seen the decline of the club since I first started supporting, I remember the first half of the seventies when we expected to be winning and the second half when we didn't and in my opinion that with one notable exception the club has been middle or lower table until the arrival of David Moyes.
Howard Kendall said the club were refused 60,000 by the banks in the early 80's to but Peter Reid and that will tell you how bad it was then.
The Howard Kendall era was brilliant but how many seasons did it last ?
The club was a complete basket case when Bill Kenwright took over and in his tenure the club was improving steadily but because of his relative lack of funds the improvement could never be dramatic... we were upper mid table in that time.

Under Moshiri we have the promise of at last thinking big... but, so far , the results are mixed at best.

Unfortunately in my time supporting Everton , overwhelmingly we have been average.

I don't applaud anybody when I look at a screen , I don't see Bill Kenwright as the devil that some do.... but everybody is entitled to their opinion and that just happens to be mine.
I have seen the decline of the club since I first started supporting, I remember the first half of the seventies when we expected to be winning and the second half when we didn't and in my opinion that with one notable exception the club has been middle or lower table until the arrival of David Moyes.
Howard Kendall said the club were refused 60,000 by the banks in the early 80's to but Peter Reid and that will tell you how bad it was then.
The Howard Kendall era was brilliant but how many seasons did it last ?
The club was a complete basket case when Bill Kenwright took over and in his tenure the club was improving steadily but because of his relative lack of funds the improvement could never be dramatic... we were upper mid table in that time.

Under Moshiri we have the promise of at last thinking big... but, so far , the results are mixed at best.

Unfortunately in my time supporting Everton , overwhelmingly we have been average.
If memory serves me well, I think the figure that was refused by the bank for Reidy was £6,000,000 but he came to us a year or so later for £60k after a serious injury.