New Everton Stadium Discussion

In the event that a third party acquired a percentage of the company that owns the stadium under the group, you touched on the benefits to enable the further funding but what are the risks to having independent separate stadium ownership model like that with someone unaffiliated with the ownership of the club?

In the event that a third party acquired a percentage of the company that owns the stadium under the group, you touched on the benefits to enable the further funding but what are the risks to having independent separate stadium ownership model like that with someone unaffiliated with the ownership of the club?
As a club: Been approx. there, done that. Next stop----> Kirkby.

Personally I would've preferred just paying the rent...

As long as control sits with the majority shareholder (ie Everton football club) then a minority owner has limited rights other than probably holding some financial control in the early years. Obviously by giving away a stake in the development company some value is lost to the parent company. However we are not really on a position to choose and Moshiri probably sees this as a better alternative to funding it himself

Are there any other examples of clubs elsewhere that have brought a stadium to this level of development or completed it without external commercial funding?

The fact it has never been secured is about as damning as it gets as to how the club is viewed in the markets.

Moshiri must simply be blind to these facts not to have recognised and acted upon this reality long ago.

Are there any other examples of clubs elsewhere that have brought a stadium to this level of development or completed it without external commercial funding?

The fact it has never been secured is about as damning as it gets as to how the club is viewed in the markets.

Moshiri must simply be blind to these facts not to have recognised and acted upon this reality long ago.

If you go back to the start of this many posters were up in arms by the fact he wasn't financing this himself, now he is people are up in arms. Can't win.

If you go back to the start of this many posters were up in arms by the fact he wasn't financing this himself, now he is people are up in arms. Can't win.

This is why I’m quite relaxed about it as he said he can and would find it himself, obviously the MSP investment will plug the funding gap that has arisen since it’s started.

As long as the stadium stays under club ownership them fine. My question is what happens if Morshiri want to se up with MSP already onboard ?

I guess they get first dibs ?