New Everton Stadium

Opening day, 3x 60 min games, Everton Chile Vs u23' to a updated rap/Z-cars (I'm sure that Murph the rapper poster would knock something up), then a barca legends vs Everton legends to a traditional Z-cars, then first team against the team we kicked off the league to- Sheffield wed iirc coming out to orchestral Z-cars with extravagant drone light show.
Tickets so you can come in/out during the day soak up the sights in the sunshine, live bands, convos with Everton legends/stories from the boy's pen, stalls selling commemorative one day only Everton kits with every Goodison club captain printed on the back like a uni leavers hoodie.

Opening day, 3x 60 min games, Everton Chile Vs u23' to a updated rap/Z-cars (I'm sure that Murph the rapper poster would knock something up), then a barca legends vs Everton legends to a traditional Z-cars, then first team against the team we kicked off the league to- Sheffield wed iirc coming out to orchestral Z-cars with extravagant drone light show.
Tickets so you can come in/out during the day soak up the sights in the sunshine, live bands, convos with Everton legends/stories from the boy's pen, stalls selling commemorative one day only Everton kits with every Goodison club captain printed on the back like a uni leavers hoodie.
It's half tongue in cheek before I get hammered :hayee:

You've thought too deep about this fella

Thought there were options built into the plans, so as a couple of the stands could be changed into safe standing area's, without too much expenditure. Sure I've read that somewhere Andy, or I've made it up.
That's the assumption, but from what I understand the planning application that's been submitted has no reference to safe standing sections.

And as has been posted and re-iterated countless times on this and other forums the current thinking within the authorities - H&S, police, footballing and governmental - is that if/when safe standing is permitted, it's almost certainly only going to be on a 1:1 ratio - one seat out, one standing position in, so a 52,000 seat stadium will become for example 46,000 seats and 6.000 standing = 52,000 capacity.

The club, or more correctly the previous Deputy Chairman Keith Harris, suggested possible expansion from 52,000 to 60,000 but, no explanation of how this would be achieved has ever been forthcoming.

Furthermore, Dan Meis, the architect has suggested BMD will be a one-off build, with practically no scope for physical expansion to accommodate a larger capacity... and he personally doesn't advocate building BMD to more than 52,000 either.

Could you name me a few of those Everton legends please.
Most of the ones I know are either dead or in a nursing home lol

That's the assumption, but from what I understand the planning application that's been submitted has no reference to safe standing sections.

And as has been posted and re-iterated countless times on this and other forums the current thinking within the authorities - H&S, police, footballing and governmental - is that if/when safe standing is permitted, it's almost certainly only going to be on a 1:1 ratio - one seat out, one standing position in, so a 52,000 seat stadium will become for example 46,000 seats and 6.000 standing = 52,000 capacity.

The club, or more correctly the previous Deputy Chairman Keith Harris, suggested possible expansion from 52,000 to 60,000 but, no explanation of how this would be achieved has ever been forthcoming.

Furthermore, Dan Meis, the architect has suggested BMD will be a one-off build, with practically no scope for physical expansion to accommodate a larger capacity... and he personally doesn't advocate building BMD to more than 52,000 either.
I heard the steps in the home end will be a lot deeper than normal, will this allow more standing when seats are removed?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back