• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints fans will point out to the incident were Pickford rushed out his goal and tackled one of their men and say he should have been sent off, Barney.

Now, we might think the ref was right but as the saying goes, we have seen them given.

And me and everyone around me that day held our breaths expecting a red to be produced.

You are quite right......there is no consistency but these refs are consistent with their inconsistency.

It is applied to all clubs (with one obvious exception :mad:) and we only think it is worse with us because we tend to focus only on our own club and the injustices, real or perceived, visited upon us.

We've had a ton of refereeing decisions go against us. To suggest otherwise to fit an agenda people have against the manager is a little strange.

There was one person expected a red for Pickford at Goodison that day.

It was Mark Hughes.

Saints fans will point out to the incident were Pickford rushed out his goal and tackled one of their men and say he should have been sent off, Barney.

Now, we might think the ref was right but as the saying goes, we have seen them given.

And me and everyone around me that day held our breaths expecting a red to be produced.

You are quite right......there is no consistency but these refs are consistent with their inconsistency.

It is applied to all clubs (with one obvious exception :mad:) and we only think it is worse with us because we tend to focus only on our own club and the injustices, real or perceived, visited upon us.

Wait a minute. You’re not referring to him clearing the ball against Southampton there are you? There wasn’t even a murmur in the ground. It was a non-incident.

We've had a ton of refereeing decisions go against us. To suggest otherwise to fit an agenda people have against the manager is a little strange.

There was one person expected a red for Pickford at Goodison that day.

It was Mark Hughes.

Just Mark and thousands of us sat in the ground......not exactly “expecting” it but certainly fearing it.

Your other point reeks of paranoia and is beneath both comment and contempt.

Just Mark and thousands of us sat in the ground......not exactly “expecting” it but certainly fearing it.

Your other point reeks of paranoia and is beneath both comment and contempt.

Thousands of people were not holding their breath. It was just a clearance, no one even registered that he’d made contact with him, literally nothing happened. Mark Hughes being a colossal ball bag made it a thing and nothing else.

I know what you mean about the Pickford one Khal. I wasn't at that game so didn't see it real time, but it was in fact the correct decision. So when you think about it we're actually relieved and thanking god that the referee didn't make a mistake. Which is wrong.

Anyway, I'm just pointing out that decisions are going against us at the moment and you hope that they'll even themselves out over the season.

The results aren't there yet but Sunday was a definite sign of improvement on where we were last year. Got a new manager with a completely different way of playing football to our last one, a lot of new players and a few injuries. It will come together. Massive upside on last year is that 2 of the guys we've spent big on in the summer actually look like proper footballers in Richarlison and Digne, and we're still yet to see what Mina or Gomes will bring to the team or Bernard start a game.

It isn't saying much, but the opening hour yesterday was the most I've enjoyed watching Everton for a long time. That will count for nothing if it's back to same old lethargy on Saturday, though.

That is due to our counter attacking approach. First half Arsenal, one man down vs wolves, Bournemouth(before we concede)were all our best performances this season.
We were horrible when we try to play football using possesion. It won’t work, we don’t have the players for that and the manager can’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.