• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People under estimate the job he’s done. Koeman left us with one of the worst squads in the league. Then turn around is bigger than people think just because we scrapped to 8th last season. We were absolutely awful.
we got to 8th last season because teams around us didn't catch us, we averaged less than a shot per game in some periods. we were lucky. Now were all talk of improving, beating top 6 teams and buying stars....
talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Marco had an impossible task to reach the expectations of some on here.

Given where he started from I think Silva has done a decent job in his first season.

The atmosphere at the club when he took over was toxic. He's remedied that in a big way this season and there's much more of a feelgood factor and a relationship between players and supporters.

He's done well to settle a team and a style of play considering the state the squad he inherited was in and how many new players (and new to the league) he's introduced.

People who expected him to be able to establish the huge gap between us and everyone below 7th like we had at the end of Koeman's first year are unrealistic. That was with a very settled squad which had Lukaku at his best up front.

This squad needed and still does need a huge rebuild due to the mistakes Koeman and Walsh made in their time. That won't happen overnight.

I expect an improvement on the pitch next year as the project will be into it's second year. That's normal.

The third quarter of this season was worrying and the cup exits were wholly avoidable and unacceptable. He needs to learn from that. That doesn't define his whole season though as there have been more positives than negatives when you look at the whole picture.

I'm glad the board held their nerve and ignored the shrieking from some supporters when it came. Chopping and changing managers without the stable, quality squad to lean on (Chelsea) is how clubs end up on a downward spiral and ultimately get relegated.
Well said. Good post.

The massive expectations of fans - what would they be?

Brands is the one in the driving seat for attracting new players, not Silva.

Yeah, it was a great feeling beating Arsenal and Chelsea, but then I also remember the feeling of losing to Southampton and Millwall, to end another season without a cup run and throwing two goal leads away at Bournemouth and Newcastle. That is without mentioning losing to an already relegated side.

You can’t just pick out results to suit your agenda, without looking at the bigger picture.

He has not been good enough, not by any stretch of the imagination.
So tell me, what is the answer then? Shall we sack the management again? Should we get in another new set of coaches with differing views on playing style\players?

How many would that be in the last couple of years? Is it 3 or is it 4? What if the new manager doesn’t do the business within 6 months? Should we sack him and get someone else in? Where does it stop?

Surely now we are actually planning for the future with what seems like a decent guy in Brands? Or are you advocating we sack him as well ?

Tell me, what is your “bigger picture” then?

People under estimate the job he’s done. Koeman left us with one of the worst squads in the league. Then turn around is bigger than people think just because we scrapped to 8th last season. We were absolutely awful.

Yes that's it in one. The employment of Sam on what was probably a short term basis was actually a sensible decision by Mosh. Sam was one of the few who coluld get any kind of tune(a very dull tune!) out of the mismatched rag tag and bobtail squad we had,by going back to basic survival methods, of which Sam is the recognised master. We simply had to get some playing discipline into the squad as a basis for then moving forward, which we have done in fits and starts this season. Silva is a good fit for Everton at present. When you take a top manager like Mourhino(Is he still a top manager?),or Wenger, Emery, Guardiola, Zidane etc. you also have to buy into their ego...I think Silva is still learning, and is ambitious, and this is exactly what we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.