Joaquin Agent Confirms Everton Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Setanta Sports have quoted Valencia winger Joaquins agent Eduardo Espejo as naming Everton as one of the clubs who he has spoke to with regards to signing the 26-year-old Spanish International.

The midfielder is widely expected to leave Valencia in the near future due to the clubs financial problems, with the players agent naming Everton, Roma and Spurs as interested parties in signing the pacey winger.

Espejo: "Clubs such as Roma, Everton and Tottenham are following him"

"I went to England a week ago to listen to those propositions and today everything is in Valencia’s hands."

"I have spoken to the Valencianista club to tell them that the player’s first option is to stay here but not at whatever price."

Source: http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/N...-Joaquin-agent-on-Everton-and-Tottenham-link/

He WAS a player I would have been very interested in, particularly last summer when rumours were rife we were in for him.

However after reading this...

JOAQUIN FUTURE
Hello Guillem. Great blog. I agree Iniesta is the best player in the world at the moment. Will Del Bosque eventually bring Joaquin back into the international set up? He had a decent season and can still offer a lot. Joshua Smith

GUILLEM SAYS: Thanks for your email, Joshua. Forget about Joaquin - he almost doesn't exist anymore! He is too inconsistent and he doesn't have the right mentality to play at the highest level.

Perhaps it was for the best. Stinks of another talented right-winger of our acquaintance (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.