Good Tony Hibbert Interview in the Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
Everton's Tony Hibbert determined not to miss out on his Wembley date again - Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk

Read that, take in the friendship between his family and the Gerrards, then cast your mind back to last season's Goodison Derby when Stevie Me not only conned the ref to get a pen off Hibbert, but then got up to wave an imaginary red card at Clattenburg to get Hibbo sent off.

What an absolute prick that Gerrard is. I hope Hibbert punts the [Poor language removed] right into those foaming Kemlyn Road freaks, gets carried out on a stretcher and misses the rest of the season.

<and breathe>

I find the Hibbo and his dad story amusing to be honest. You're red then your blue. How the [Poor language removed] does that work?!

I know lots of people who have changed from Red to Blue and Blue to Red, it does happen. Especially when your a youngster.

I know a lad who went to the same school as Hibbo in Huyton, he was definitely an Everton fan in his teens.

I know lots of people who have changed from Red to Blue and Blue to Red, it does happen. Especially when your a youngster.

I know a lad who went to the same school as Hibbo in Huyton, he was definitely an Everton fan in his teens.

Oh yeah, I think we all know plenty who have done this. In my experience it's pretty much one way traffic: Everton to Liverpool - because some people have no sense of identity and are swayed by a shiny trophy being held aloft by some big nosed, perm-headed/box-headed (delete as appropriate for era) arrogant [Poor language removed].

Oh yeah, I think we all know plenty who have done this. In my experience it's pretty much one way traffic: Everton to Liverpool - because some people have no sense of identity and are swayed by a shiny trophy being held aloft by some big nosed, perm-headed/box-headed (delete as appropriate for era) arrogant [Poor language removed].

It is definitely more Everton to Liverpool nowadays, especially with our lack of success and Liverpool winning the Champions League as well as other cups.

Sad really but it must be hard for young Evertonians, seeing there mates celebrating the Champions League.

I have alot of respect for young kids who either choose to become Evertonians or have the dubious honour handed down to them . All my family are Reds and I will confess that my dad took me to Anfield when I was about four long before Goodison and it has to be said tried his arse off to indoctrinate me with RS propaganda . BUT when I was young Everton were THE team and the street I grew up on was almost exclusively scouse as alot of families had moved to our neck of the woods during the seventies for work .

I was about 5 and round my best mates house playing army when we went into the kitchen to get a drink . I picked up a programme off the coffee table and started reading it . I was intrigued to put it mildly . I didnt know it at the time but his dad was an ardent Evertonian . He came down stairs looked at me leafing through the pages and began to tell me the truth about football . I was hooked and the very next week found myself in the upper bullens with my mate and his dad watching Everton batter Nottingham Forest . That was it for me I was as good as gone ......hooked for life . I remember everything ....the smell of horse [Poor language removed] which always smelled ten times worse than nowadays or so it seems and heady clouds of smoke drifting form the mouths of old men sipping higgins ale.

It hasnt been easy over the years but I had some great times and met some top people , some of whom I still keep in touch with to this day . Everywhere I have been in the world I have spread the word about our great club and how utterly ******* [Poor language removed] Liverpool are in actual reality .

I am glad I turned my back on Liverpool FC . Brian Labone had it right with his immortal phrase " One Evertonian is worth twenty Liverpudlians " Brian I salute you I couldnt have put it better myself

I have alot of respect for young kids who either choose to become Evertonians or have the dubious honour handed down to them . All my family are Reds and I will confess that my dad took me to Anfield when I was about four long before Goodison and it has to be said tried his arse off to indoctrinate me with RS propaganda . BUT when I was young Everton were THE team and the street I grew up on was almost exclusively scouse as alot of families had moved to our neck of the woods during the seventies for work .

I was about 5 and round my best mates house playing army when we went into the kitchen to get a drink . I picked up a programme off the coffee table and started reading it . I was intrigued to put it mildly . I didnt know it at the time but his dad was an ardent Evertonian . He came down stairs looked at me leafing through the pages and began to tell me the truth about football . I was hooked and the very next week found myself in the upper bullens with my mate and his dad watching Everton batter Nottingham Forest . That was it for me I was as good as gone ......hooked for life . I remember everything ....the smell of horse [Poor language removed] which always smelled ten times worse than nowadays or so it seems and heady clouds of smoke drifting form the mouths of old men sipping higgins ale.

It hasnt been easy over the years but I had some great times and met some top people , some of whom I still keep in touch with to this day . Everywhere I have been in the world I have spread the word about our great club and how utterly ******* [Poor language removed] Liverpool are in actual reality .

I am glad I turned my back on Liverpool FC . Brian Labone had it right with his immortal phrase " One Evertonian is worth twenty Liverpudlians " Brian I salute you I couldnt have put it better myself

Agree with all that, good post mate.;)

lollollollol

Some lad's avatar on bluekipper:

23ups1k.gif

:D Good find . Whilst I would never laugh at ANYONE getting sent down I couldnt help having a little chuckle at that .:D

Status
Not open for further replies.