Goalies distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we are a long ball team, we do hoof it from defence a lot but if you look at most of any meaningful attacks its quite often some pretty good passing that takes place.

Players that can actually pass and move- Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill and even Ossie can pass pretty well and the movement creates chances.

I know I know, but I remember some reporter once asking a manager why they continually hoofed the ball and he replied something along that. It might have been "the object is to score goals and you do that more easily from the oppositions goal area..."

Graham Taylor, I think, when he was England manager.

uefa coefficient will go up, increased exposure cant harm the clubs image and the position when it comes to negotiating any new sponsor.

I actually thought Tim Howard was great with his feet last night. He cleared really well with either foot and was composed on teh ball. Did well I thought

I agree there MickNick, I felt we distributed the ball fine. Remember we were away from home so had more pressure on us. I would expect Lescott to make no flurrying runs when he is playing centre back, infact if he did do that I would be very annoyed.

I also thought Yak held the ball up well when the ball was pumped up to him.

for howard to distribute the ball short ppl need to show for him more... when the nurenberg keeper had the ball you always saw the fullbacks especially looking to receive the ball, but neville and valente didnt seem to be doing so so much, and yobo certainly just pumps it long when he gets it (even tho he does seem to be attempting to pick someone out, just failing to do so)

Status
Not open for further replies.