Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
People who tried to purchase Everton since the demise of John Moores;- Bill Kenwright , Peter Johnson, some dodgy American consortium and Moshiri.
Despite what some seemingly imagine there is not ,nor ever has been ,a queue of wealthy entities itching to take over Everton.

Its just satisfying payment schedules and freeing up liquidity / cashflow.

There would be a lot of interest once the stadium is built. The issue wouldnt be finding a buyer it would be finding the 'right' buyer.

Moshiri clearly is a 'fan' and very good with the books. He also isnt shy about throwing money into the club and the city.

His weakness was not hiring the right managers but backing them fully with funds...the only real blame we can lay at his door has been making the wrong appointments at managerial level and above.

Interesting to think about this. I wonder how much the club is currently valued at and how much the valuation would be once the stadium is built.

Lets say hypothetically that I bought the club from Moshiri...all cash no debts/loans.

I then removed the board and replaced them with serial winners from European giants.

The new DOF then liased with Ancelotti and the board and there was a restructuring at all levels...some would keep their jobs and others would be laid off with new coaches and scouts brought in with winning track records.

I then give the new DOF and Ancelotti a budget of £1billion for new signings in the 1st team and youth teams to go back to being the Mersey Millionaires (billionaires).

Now what happens with FFP -- are we relegated for breaking the rules? Players would want to leave en masse.

-- Are we banned from europe? Players would leave en masse

-- Are we blocked from signing new players? Halting us in our tracks

Whats your solution to FFP? Because Moshiri i feel would lash millions on the squad but the hurdle would be FFP.

A couple of additional points to a well made post.

1) Post Newcastle, I think the days of mega sales to countries are gone. While I am bountful of the veracity and intention of the buyer, you can't argue there wasn't some connection to the Saudi pot. While the PL didn't reject them, it made them jump through hoops, and it seems was put under pressure by upwards of 10 clubs. Having seen that such an approach can work, thiose who maybe didn't formalise their disagreement will probabaly do so next time.

Alongside that, the message is now very clearto such states/individuals. When you factor in whats happening with City too, essentially the PL is not opn for business. They will tie you up in legislation, start asking you to amend your domestic policies and you will enromous scrutiny and pressure. It will also put a lot of.

I think we have seen the last of such takeovers. Nobody will come in for Everton and be allowed to, or frankly want to pay mega money if Moshiri markets it in the way outlined.

2) Manchester City was recently valued at £4.5 bn. They are an extreme example of getting it right. However a newer/better ground, in a better area would be a big plus. Im sure Moshiri will have an idea of such a figure it it start to click.

3) I've always felt at some point, a minority shareholder, who might be very wealthy could come in in scenario 2, by maybe 30% of the equity. I axtually think they would give quite a bit of minority rights to such a person (compared to most boards/owners) and also be open to the proposal. You could see a 2nd or 3rd billionaire come in on that basis. I wouldn't see him completely selling, as he seems to enjoy it, but could easily see for eample some of the wealthiest individuals in China perhaps buyers a chunk of liquidity which would getclose to covering Moshiri's initial outlay.

People who tried to purchase Everton since the demise of John Moores;- Bill Kenwright , Peter Johnson, some dodgy American consortium and Moshiri.
Despite what some seemingly imagine there is not ,nor ever has been ,a queue of wealthy entities itching to take over Everton.

Or football clubs. In the 30 or so years I've really watched it there have been 2 mega takeovers. Chelsea and City. Yet if you believe half the press, you get 1 or 2 season. It was meant to be Newcastle, it will be Leeds again soon. Apparently Villa were another and don't forget Wolves. IN spite of what people say publicly, those takeovers are very rare.

In all honesty, given where the PL is, and the challenges it faces, it seems to be coming towards the top of its market, in the medium term there will be no major buy ins. Ths chaos in the game will take 2-3 years minimum to play out.

“We’re *insert expletive* Rich”

Bellowing around the stands at Villa away the other year, I said to my mate this is going to come back and haunt us.

It hasn’t really but we aren’t rich we are just not bottom of league poor anymore.

Unfortunately to ever compete he will have to sell this club once either PP is finalised or when the stadium is built.

I suspect the latter so 4 more years of just existing it is.

“We’re *insert expletive* Rich”

Bellowing around the stands at Villa away the other year, I said to my mate this is going to come back and haunt us.

It hasn’t really but we aren’t rich we are just not bottom of league poor anymore.

Unfortunately to ever compete he will have to sell this club once either PP is finalised or when the stadium is built.

I suspect the latter so 4 more years of just existing it is.

only Utd, City and Chelsea have spent more than us since 2016

only Utd, City and Chelsea have spent more than us since 2016

Aye unfortunately that was our chance and the more I think logically about it, we will just have to see those costly mistakes out which have probably two years to run.

Makes the appointment of Carlo seem more and more ridiculous, you appoint him and you give fans unrealistic expectations.

Then on the other hand if we got a Dyche or a Howe I would have been questioning if we had any ambition.

You can’t help to feel hopeless about the whole situation.

In terms of financial backing, he has been a marvelous owner.

In terms of strategic decision making, he had been a horrendous owner, until Ancellotti.

Whether getting Carlo is too little too late, we'll have to see. But we can't change the past. it is what it is.

I wouldn’t say Moshiri is at total fault but again it’s who he puts in charge to make those decisions.

Why did he feel DBB was the correct person?

Why is Kenwright chairman, where does he add value?

I don’t know much about the Russian lad name I can’t spell so he gets left out.

This is the issue just like with giving Walsh over £200 Million to spend.

“Football at the service of humanity” DBB 2020.

Let that sink in.