Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Our money is now to hold onto players when Brands finds them for £5 million and they become worth £50 million.

Leicester were asset stripped after they won the league. Hopefully Moshiri’s money can prevent that when we do.

I hope we try to follow the spurs model to be honest. Weve had a go at spending huge sums to make us competitive, we should have spent it better like. Have a plan and a strategy for how the whole club moves forward. Lately theres been comments from silva about the youth system and aligning that with our first team model so looks like we at least have a plan in place now for the future. Before we just chucked huge quantities of money around with no plan and hoped for the best.

Even city from the start had a strategy to get to where they are now, everything was a built around making them competitive with a view to recruiting pep. It sounds like he was their man from the very early stages of that project and everything since has been gradually putting the tools in place to attract him and keep him. Spurs have had some good fortune along the way with the huge money they received for bale and modric and how poch has turned out but again theyve had a plan and given it time. They're at the other end of the hill to where we were though, they need to stay competitive by keeping their best players which is something I personally think they will struggle with. We need to assemble a squad that is consistent enough to compete with 6th and 5th next season and keep adding to it. An area I think we are lacking at the moment is the step up in quality from the youth sides, we have promising youngsters but they dont seem to take that step up to make a permanent claim for a starting spot. It's a weird thing to say considering how many youth players make their way into our squads.

The Spurs model is a good approach. I think we’ve (someone in the club) recognised we just continue - The restrictions that have been put in place are more efficient and it’s essentially a case of making sure money is spent well whilst improving the squad. It won’t happen over night and like Spurs we possibly had to go thorough a period of darkness to realise it doesn’t work that way.

I used to think if we had £20m a season we could do it slowly, but now it’s a case you’ve got to spend £50m+ to simply stand still.

We are on the right track now, suspect the continuation of settled manager and his good working with Brands will add more cohesion to the team on the pitch - Simply, stability is the biggest thing we needed, whilst bringing down the ridiculous expenditures on key players then launching the manager a year later and then rinsing and repeating.

Better decisions are being made by the board, manager and Brands and as long as it continues this club will grow. I feel we have a higher ceiling than when Moyes had his team - purely because we have what looks like stability, plans and resources. If Silva went now, I trust we would have the means to bring in somebody who can simply slightly adjust the team opposed to big changes which we’ve seen don’t work.

We will get better, it’ll just take time.

Our money is now to hold onto players when Brands finds them for £5 million and they become worth £50 million.

Leicester were asset stripped after they won the league. Hopefully Moshiri’s money can prevent that when we do.

How the hell were Leicester asset stripped?

They only sold that crap little pixie Mahrez and that was like 2 years after they won it.

Fsg bought a club, made it into a top 4 team, made a 60k stadium and then sold it for triple/quadruple the price they bought it for.
Same as abramovich has done and what moshiri is trying to do

Laughably wrong, what they did was make a ridiculously oversized expansion to an existing 127 year old stadium instead of going ahead with the plan to build the club's first ever, 100% theirs, stadium. The plan that was the reason the Vernon was closed and demolished and likewise Anfield Comp, which was relocated and renamed North Liverpool Academy

3 years in and we’ve had the likes of Burnley finishing ahead of us and probably one, or two, of Wolves and Watford.

This great new dawn has fell flat. New people need bringing in to usher in a new era of change.

And get that stadium capacity up, the current one is a shambles.

Enjoying your input here, groundbreaking stuff Louie
So you cant see things went badly wrong under Koeman and Walsh ?
And do you not give the guy credit for seeing this rectifying it ?
Last summer was a watershed and bringing in Silva & especially Brands who even quoted this is no quick fix .
If you cant see this then you need another hobby fella.Or are you just another (& there are a few on here) of the I WANT IT NOW generation.