Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Best ever PL season; two cup SFs - in three seasons.

By the way, stop sending me loads of these:
middle-finger.png

It's intimidating and a concern. My nerves are 'kin shattered with you.

Moyes got the best PL season with 4th. Got loads of 5th, 6th and 7th. And he got into a cup final if these semi final medals were what you care about.

I think we are sleepwalking towards a cliff edge currently.

An awful squad full of overpaid, characterless no marks. Managed by a man completely out of his depth.

An enormous squad with an unsustainable wage budget that is crippling us.

A complete disconnect between players and fans.

A pretty dreadful mood and atmosphere around the club that is never far away from the surface at Goodison. It's a pretty horrible mixture of anger, disillusionment, and hopelessness.

An owner who knows nothing about football and is here to make money out of a stadium and waterfront redevelopment.

We are in serious trouble and I fear for us in the next 2 or 3 years. Everything about us as a club points to an imminent relegation.

There needs to be wholesale changes to the playing squad and coaching staff. Stability is only to be valued when there is something worth preserving. I don't see anything. The current everton players are a disgraceful bunch who need called out at every opportunity until they are culled. They are the reason why so many are losing interest in top flight football.

I can see why all of those comments are made, and you are right to describe the worst case scenario in simplistic terms. One or two things...we DO have some players who are technically very good, and who could easily be part of a successful side. Digne, Gomes,Bernard, in particular are top footballers. But it is no good enough if they are surrounded by some potential, some journeymen, and some unready youth/younger players. The main cause of our present predicament(and thank God for our reasonable start) was the waste of money in the Koeman era. I discount last season because Sam did what he was supposed to do, and his two main buys Tosun and Walcott were positive at least. In fact last season Walcott was well worth his place and Tosun worked hard and had a lot of potential. This season both are victims of, or contributing to the general malaise in the team. This season we were OK as a transitional team, up to the derby. I don't think the derby result caused our dip...there were too many positives to take out of our performance, despite the unlucky result. We should have carried on playing well after the derby. Professional players should not be destroyed by one result. Moshiri is probably aware that he has nearly crashed his trainset...and will be more circumspect from now on. An expensive lesson, but being astute, he will heed to it. Brans should by now have started his work for the summer, deciding on his forward plan with regard to players AND coaching staff. He has a very difficult job to do, he is now a director of the club, and so will probably get support in that area. But he needs the crowd to support him,and he needs a large number of players to show that they are least worth a chance next season.

He is digging a hole that could end up destroying the Club. The Clubs revenues simply didn't support the money we spent in the transfer market. At some stage that investment will need to come out of Everton's coffers.

I get the feeling that the board are desperate for a win and a draw soon so they can buy themselves more time as they know they messed up AGAIN.

Board are just in damage limitation control now and there is nothing to suggest anything will change.

It wouldn’t surprise me that they go radio silent and call in a few press favors to hold back the tide till the next emergency this season.

I can see why all of those comments are made, and you are right to describe the worst case scenario in simplistic terms. One or two things...we DO have some players who are technically very good, and who could easily be part of a successful side. Digne, Gomes,Bernard, in particular are top footballers. But it is no good enough if they are surrounded by some potential, some journeymen, and some unready youth/younger players. The main cause of our present predicament(and thank God for our reasonable start) was the waste of money in the Koeman era. I discount last season because Sam did what he was supposed to do, and his two main buys Tosun and Walcott were positive at least. In fact last season Walcott was well worth his place and Tosun worked hard and had a lot of potential. This season both are victims of, or contributing to the general malaise in the team. This season we were OK as a transitional team, up to the derby. I don't think the derby result caused our dip...there were too many positives to take out of our performance, despite the unlucky result. We should have carried on playing well after the derby. Professional players should not be destroyed by one result. Moshiri is probably aware that he has nearly crashed his trainset...and will be more circumspect from now on. An expensive lesson, but being astute, he will heed to it. Brans should by now have started his work for the summer, deciding on his forward plan with regard to players AND coaching staff. He has a very difficult job to do, he is now a director of the club, and so will probably get support in that area. But he needs the crowd to support him,and he needs a large number of players to show that they are least worth a chance next season.

Unless Brands can pull off some unbelievable business we will be in the same position this time next year. The gap between us and the top 6 is a chasm there for all to see.

Even of the three players you mention as having quality it's only been seen in small parts. For me the whole squad is built around the wrong players. It's so bad that you could rightly say rip it up and start again.

All this with a £500m+ stadium supposedly being built. It's precarious times indeed.

What who where arevt
I get the feeling that the board are desperate for a win and a draw soon so they can buy themselves more time as they know they messed up AGAIN.

Board are just in damage limitation control now and there is nothing to suggest anything will change.

It wouldn’t surprise me that they go radio silent and call in a few press favors to hold back the tide till the next emergency this season.
Why do the board need to buy time from? It's not gang wars
Who do they fear ?

He needs to realise he needs Usmanov's help. He just hasn't got it about him to move this club forward and at present he cant even keep us level he's taking us backwards.
tbf, Usmanov, ffp notwithstanding etc, does bring cash and was / successful in his day job.
But at Arsenal he only had a minority holding, so was, up to a point - all talk and no walk.
Who says he won't be any dafter than Moshiri?

PS, does Director of Football Brands even go to the game?? Or does he play mini me to Moshiri in some Alpine hideaway, both sitting in atmospheric lighting with fluffy white cats on their laps.

Unless Brands can pull off some unbelievable business we will be in the same position this time next year. The gap between us and the top 6 is a chasm there for all to see.

Even of the three players you mention as having quality it's only been seen in small parts. For me the whole squad is built around the wrong players. It's so bad that you could rightly say rip it up and start again.

All this with a £500m+ stadium supposedly being built. It's precarious times indeed.

Very true. We need more very good footballers, and this is were 'transition' becomes problematical. Brands is probably aware of this, but billionaires are billionaires because they follow the Kenny Rodgers mantra...'know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em'

Very true. We need more very good footballers, and this is were 'transition' becomes problematical. Brands is probably aware of this, but billionaires are billionaires because they follow the Kenny Rodgers mantra...'know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em'
I'll be happy if we break even on our remaining games

I hope that Brands' role is far beyond transfers. Hopefully, his top 3 priorities are:

• Consistent and high quality approach to playing style and standards across the club: Junior - First team inc. facilities
  • Development of players - 'career pathway' and try and get players up to their potential
  • First team squad management / U23 squad management - getting a pathway between the two and manging playing time, ambitions, motivation

The fact the poll is 50/50 shows just how poor he has been when you consider that BMD looks likely to happen.

If we had a Mancini/Conte/Favre etc managing us and being sat in 7th 6-9 points above the rest and playing good football and in the latter rounds of the FA Cup the fans would be made up with the fella.

Take note Farhad - its on the pitch that ultimately matters to fans.

I'll say it again he is the most clueless owner in sports with James Dolan of the NY Knicks.

Both have a exact penchant for hiring the wrong people in recruitment and Coaching, rash decision making and wasting money and going with flash in the pan appointments.

The fact he expects DCL, Davies and Kenny to improve along with Silva next season shows how out of touch he is.

All 4 are midtable at best and if we are to progress we need upgrades on both players and the manager alike.