Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
History has shown they know how to inflict misery on us, regardless of how well they're playing themselves. Unfortunately, I feel it'll be more of the same tomorrow. Would love to be wrong, of course.

So many of us really do expect so little from this we fail to see the point in even trying. That's what 30 years of failure does to a club I guess. The really sad thing is that this mentality is so difficult to get rid of. Will we ever go into a derby expecting to win in our life times? I doubt it.
Even in our heyday of the mid 80s, I feared no team bar Liverpool. Think they’ve always had a psychological edge over us in my lifetime. Can’t see it ending anytime soon.

How many times do people need reminding of our home derby record before they stop saying the rs destroy us every time?
and saying stuff like this will just reverse psychology have them smash us...

given how we have been the last couple of seasons, i can totally understand why Supporters think we are indeed going to get smashed by them..

it would be horrific.... its a car crash right in front of our eyes, i hope i am wrong.

Even in our heyday of the mid 80s, I feared no team bar Liverpool. Think they’ve always had a psychological edge over us in my lifetime. Can’t see it ending anytime soon.

I said ahead of the Forest game I’d take a loss here if it meant winning the Forest game. Sounds weird saying about a derby but that one was bigger
Thats it for me i dont fear the game at all on wednesday yes it will be tough but the result on sunday was the game for me with the most pressure. Plus it being the game for us to be on the same game as others means we dont have to check for other results. The pressure will be on them to catch up to the top, for me i think we will all be fired up for this the players and the fans to keep this positivity going.